DX  » Community » Reviews » Pen Style Non Contact Alarm AC Voltage Detector with LED illumination (90V~1000V/2*AAA)
Sort by:
18 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:5610 (56%)
  • 4 Star:397 (39%)
  • 3 Star:61 (6%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Extremely useful

posted by Rian18 on 02/05/2014 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    It is an extremely useful tool. Works fine, does his job well. Delivers what it promises. I was looking for this tool and now I'm very pleased with it.
    Cons:
    There is no power off/on button, but it is easy to open it and take off the batteries. But be careful when opening, with time c...
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Pen style voltage tester

posted by PeekaHill on 11/22/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    I now have three of these testers because I was impressed enough with the first one on price and performance that I bought two more as gifts for friends who also work with high voltage electrical equipment. The price cannot be beaten (equivalent items are t...
    Cons:
    The battery test button does not function on ANY of the three testers that I have bought, so make sure to test that it works on...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    SUPER

posted by dascalu on 06/08/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    It's a tool that I used to work! I work as an electrician at an airport and he was extremely helpful! It can detect voltage of 12 volts and the current in the plaster wall if it is super thin!
    Cons:
    NO !!! NO !!! NO !!! NO !!! NO !!! NO !!! NO !!! NO !!! NO !!! NO !!! NO !!! NO !!! NO !!! NO !!! NO !!! NO !!! NO !!! NO !!! N...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Perfect for the price !!!

posted by roger2012 on 03/30/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    I am an electrician, who own the Fluke witch is very sensitive depending of the use of what you wants. The light is very useful for the test witch is not there for the fluke version.
    Cons:
    None, the price is PERFECT forget the skyh 15008 witch is too much for the difference.
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Non contact AC voltage detector

posted by idemdito on 03/25/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Contactless detecting of AC voltage but also reacts on static voltages! And the reason why I did bought it: it detects High Voltage Electric fields. Depending on te distance of the source you can 'measure' if a field id strong or weak. Probably also useab...
    Cons:
    Non that I know...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Just great! Really usefull

posted by federicorendo on 01/19/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Lightweight, easy to carry, esay of use. Really useful to detect the main line in electrical installations, or even to determine if there is electrical voltaje or not
    Cons:
    Battery compartment is not easy to open, and looks like its going to break if you open it too many times. Doesn't have an on/of...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    • Usefulness: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    pen non contact ac

posted by tercel17 on 01/03/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    very nice and very good product very good to find electrical faults fast shipping fast delivery very good
    Cons:
    very nice and very good product very good to find electrical faults fast shipping fast delivery very good biene high price and ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Phase detector without contact

posted by diodozener on 01/02/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    excellent for tetctar tension without damaging the insulation on the wires, the LED flashlight aid.The combination of light and sound makes the device perfect for nighttime use and diuro. capable of tetectar voltage even over the insulation breaker without ...
    Cons:
    when you have many wires together or high-voltage grid next can be misleading where there is tension detecting
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Quality: 3
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nice electrical field detector

posted by morrademedo on 12/19/2012 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Tool for testing electrical fences areworking, useful for testing if electronics devices are energized.
    Cons:
    No way to turn off to save energy from batteries. Flash light could be stronger. Is not possible to detect cables inside the w...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Overall Pretty Good

posted by soprano2012 on 09/22/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Looks Great and seems to work as described. The price was great on this item too as well. Led light is very handy and bright. Audible alert is loud and tip flashes nicely when AC voltage is present.
    Cons:
    Its straight forward to use but there was no packaging or instructions. Instructions would be helpful to some if they need assi...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections