DX  » Community » Reviews » 1M Black Heat Shrink Tubing - Five Size Pack (0.8/1.5/2.5/3.5/4.5mm)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Exactly what you'd expect – 1M Black Heat Shrink Tubing - Five Size Pack (0.8/1.5/2.5/3.5/4.5mm) Reviews

posted by Coodude26 on 05/30/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
This stuff is literally the exact same stuff you would buy from hobby shops here in the states. It only has a different production run number. It sells for for 4x as much money and less than 1/3rd of the actual product where I live.
That's not an exaggeration. They'll sell you 8 inch pieces of this stuff for $10 in stores here, so DX is a lifesaver. Sometimes I really do hate the huge inflation that occurs between other countries and the USA.
Cons:
My only complaint is the packaging...it is folded up and then all taped together. After you remove that tape, there's a sticky residue, so that's no fun. Also it doesn't come with a spool or anything, which is why I gave it the 4/5 for ease of use. This stuff will be dangling all over if you're like me and you don't want to cut it to sections.
Other:
None really, get yourself a nice heat gun (NOT hair dryer) and get to the workbench!
Bottomline:
This is the same stuff you'd get in the USA from hobbyshops where they'll charge you literally 12x as much.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections