DX  » Community » Reviews » Portable USB 3.5" 1.44MB Floppy Diskette Drive (External USB-FDD)
Sort by:
14 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:649 (64%)
  • 4 Star:365 (36%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Perfect! Faster than old drives. Works also on Android!

posted by wrobaman on 02/13/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    It is PERFECT. Much faster than old drives, it doesn't require any drivers for XP, it is automatically detected and enabled. I also tried it on my Android tablet, and it works also perfectly! :-)
    Cons:
    None found so far.
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 4
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nice floppy drive

posted by Chitarrista on 01/28/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    It just works. I've plugged it to my Linuxbox and it just worked. No driver needed. Maybe Windows will need to install something from the miniDisc contained in the package, but I just plugged it, put a floppy inside and I was watching its contents
    Cons:
    Maybe it's a bit noisy
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    It just works!

posted by Toikka on 01/12/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    - Slim and nice design - Reads all floppy disks without a hitch - Powered by just USB
    Cons:
    - The cable is a bit short
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great!

posted by nikolz888 on 12/25/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Cheap, good quality, didn't ask for drivers. Using on Windows 7, quiet. I believe for this money this is best product you can offer on the market. Now days these are pretty expensive stuff.
    Cons:
    No.
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 3
    • Quality: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    It just works

posted by cfenollosa on 11/30/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    It is a good floppy drive, easy to use, plug in and just works. I tested it with a Macbook air and it works good. It reads all diskettes. Very useful to retrieve old documents from old diskettes, as new computers do not include a floppy disk drive anymore.
    Cons:
    Sometimes you have to unplug and plug it again because the diskettes don't spin correctly. The build quality is not super.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    USB Floppy Disk

posted by Namors on 11/22/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    I bought this unit because I had an old floppy disk that had required data on it, The disk also had some bad sectors on it. The unit read the disk with a disk fixer without a problem. The unit also didn't require the driver, just plug in and away you go. Al...
    Cons:
    Apart from being old technology I can't really see any.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    It's a floppy drive

posted by paultech on 10/26/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    As Floppy connection disappear from motherboards it is getting harder to just say to people, Just stick an old floppy drive in. This unit brings that floppy ability back to a PC once again, I have mine packed in my netbook case, and if there is an old flopp...
    Cons:
    As others have mentioned the cable is a bit short, but this can also be a positive as there is less cable to put away when you'...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works great

posted by EinoT on 09/17/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Very easy to use just plug and play. Works with Mac OSX Snow Leopard and Lion at least. Also got it to work with Ubuntu Linux 11.04 running on Parallels Desktop 6 but it is a bit tricky. Just randomly plugged, unplugged a few times on a different usb ports ...
    Cons:
    If you need to reconnect the drive it will most likely need to be connected on a different USB port.
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Floppy time

posted by Anddog on 09/08/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    - Does work in Windows7 without the cd drivers - Plug it in and it works (extra station) - Reads all the disks I fed - No external power supply - NEC controller is used
    Cons:
    - The green LED is not bright enough - Led is not blinking when there are data operations (read/write) - The USB plug isn't f...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Back to the old times...

posted by FlavioBayer on 04/05/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    You can use it to upgrade your BIOS without any problem(if your computer have support for boot from USB). I couldn't make my flash drive usable to upgrade my BIOS, but this diskette drive works without problem. Don't need any extenal power supply, it uses ...
    Cons:
    The green light don't flash when in use, it just stay green all the time that the floppy is in use. Just that.
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections