DX  » Community » Reviews » 2200mAh Rechargeable Portable Emergency Power with Phone Adapters
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
It's good, but not perfect – 2200mAh Rechargeable Portable Emergency Power with Phone Adapters Reviews

posted by rickmiraldo on 11/26/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
It's very small, so you pack it anywhere. Comes with a handful of adapters but I only carry around the standard MicroUSB-USB cable that can not only charge the battery but also use it afterwards to charge my phone! And it's retractable, so that's also good. It can charge my phone (Galaxy S) almost back to 100% even while I use 3G to surf the web before it dies. It can also charge my tablet (Galaxy Tab Plus 7'') but only if the screen is off. If it's on then it at least maintains the same battery level for as long as it lasts. That's expected due to the high battery usage the tablet needs, so no surprises there.
Cons:
Don't take the indicative lights for granted. In my experience, if it says it's about half-charge, then it means it's dying soon. I've never seen only one of those lights turned on while charging/discharging... It's at least two, so be mindful at that.
Other:
I'm not sure about the quality of the battery or how long it may last until I have to buy another. I didn't try to open it, but I'm satisfied with it so far. Could be a little cheaper, though, but it's not a deal-breaker. Charges anything that is (or could be, with adapters) USB-powered.
Bottomline:
It saved me from dying on battery on SEVERAL ocasions. I always carry it in my bag, and always charged. You never know when you might need it, and when you do, you'll be GLAD you bought it. And trust me, you'll be using it a lot more than you expected to. I seriously recommend this.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections