DX  » Community » Reviews » 5mm IR LED Emitters (20-Pack)
Sort by:
47 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:6832 (68%)
  • 4 Star:2311 (23%)
  • 3 Star:63 (6%)
  • 2 Star:21 (2%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

98% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 3
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    • Usefulness: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very inexpensive but not very strong.

posted by admiralspeedy on 02/21/2014 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    They are extremely cheap in price and they are fairly durable when soldering or if a lot of power is running through them. The pins/legs are actually longer than they show in the image with is nice.
    Cons:
    They are quite weak in the amount of IR light they give off and they ended up not working for what I intended them for. If I r...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good IR for day-night vision camera

posted by ManoRAW on 01/31/2014 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Good illumination for night vision cameras, I used it for miniature spy-cameras great. Also a good choise for checking any money (US dollars, Euro, Rubbles) with modified web-cams.
    Cons:
    2 of 20 comes defective. When use it on 20mA led illuminate much visible red-light.
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Excelent deal

posted by Jule2311 on 06/26/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Good for IR night vision and fixing remotes. Night vision will only work with a camera that is set for night vision or if you take apart an old camera and remove the IR filter(research how to do this)Price is much better compared to "normal colors"...
    Cons:
    The Specifications for these LEDs aren't posted on the product page.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Satisfied customer

posted by Goofyal57 on 11/03/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Good for IR night vision and fixing remotes. Used the pig LED (sku 1138) and some i made a simple IR flashlight. Very fun for pretending to be a spy or to teach kids about the light spectrum. Night vision will only work with a camera that is set for night v...
    Cons:
    The Specifications for these LEDs aren't posted on the product page. So i am afraid to connect them to anything except 2 or 3 b...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    great deal!

posted by crazydrummer03 on 07/18/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    good quality indeed, and price is really great! a 20-pack costs less than 1/5 of the price you can find them here in italy!
    Cons:
    a few of them didn't work (I've ordered 60 and some of them didn't, just 4-5 though) and a few emitted too much visible light. ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    ir leds the best price

posted by jimboo8 on 06/18/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Price is much better compared to "normal colors" LEDs. These IR are significantly cheaper here on DX than in my local shop. I think they are bright enough, but I don't hava much to compare. A very good quality. I used them to detect a finger touch...
    Cons:
    The webcam can detect the finger but I think it need more diodes (no enough power emitting). Maybe one diode every 1cm should b...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good IR emitters

posted by lukasandrysik on 03/04/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    --> Price is much better compared to "normal colors" LEDs. These IR are significantly cheaper here on DX than in my local shop. -->I think they are bright enough, but I don't hava much to compare.
    Cons:
    --> Little visible red light output, but it is normal. To have just IR it had to be laser.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very good IR LEDs

posted by Floydian on 03/02/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    They are fine IR leds and very inexpensive, i bought to make a sensor bar for my wiimote and worked like a charm. Bons LEDS infra vermelhos, comprei na intensão de fazer uma sensor bar pro wii e funcionou perfeitamente.
    Cons:
    No cons, really. Buy it if you need it. Nenhum contra. Compre se precisa-los.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Let there be IR

posted by WackerHacker on 01/26/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    The price is much much better then they are locally, if I can find them. I would have to either have to go some 1000km to find a electronics supply store with these puppies at this price or else order them in and pay extra for the shipping.
    Cons:
    They come wrapped in a little bubble wrap envelope thing with out any of the specs like you would get on the back of a package ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    5mm IR LED Emitters (20-Pack) good quality

posted by tymop on 12/19/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    A very good quality. I used them to detect a finger touch on a polycarbonate board, with a webcam. I put 5 LED on every side of the 20cm*20cm polycarbonate board (every 4cm). It work not so very bad I used one of them to repair a TV controller and it wor...
    Cons:
    The webcam can detect the finger but I think it need more diodes (no enough power emitting). Maybe one diode every 1cm should...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 5
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections