DX  » Community » Reviews » RJ45/RJ11 Network and Telephone Cable Tester Keychain
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

  • Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 3
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 5
Why a big tester when a small one does the same – RJ45/RJ11 Network and Telephone Cable Tester Keychain Reviews

posted by kopkaaz on 02/08/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
It does the same job as sku.1261 but is smaller.
I ordered 20 of sku.1261 but since this small ne is available i ordered 10 of these.
We use them in a big datacenter to check cables and connectors. If this tool checks the cable and connectors OK, but there are still errors on the circuit I take a FLUKE to re do the test. But I only used the FLUKE 5 out of 5000 times.
Cons:
First couple of times the RJ45 connector will be a pain to get out this tester.
The ON/OFF button is not of good quality.
When inserting the battery it feels like the whole tester is going to crack.
Other:
It is cheap, it is small and it works, buy it.
Bottomline:
As a network engineer I can tell that this little tester will find 99% of all cable problem, for the remaining 1% I use a 15.000 dollar costing FLUKE.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections