DX  » Community » Reviews » UniqueFire AA-S1 3W OSRAM 160-Lumen LED Flashlight (1*AA/1*14500)
Sort by:
20 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:6513 (65%)
  • 4 Star:357 (35%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 2
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Worth the money

posted by snake1413 on 05/29/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    Cheap. And very bright for just an AA sized battery. Could be brighter if used with 14650 lithium battery. The holding clip is tight enough to hold inside a pocket. Comes with light growing power button and O ring.
    Cons:
    The power button very tight, need to press very hard to trigger the switch.
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    The best flashlight!

posted by nsonso on 02/19/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    The best deal ever! * Needs only one AA battery * Only one mode (it's a plus for me, no annoying mode changes) * Has a clip. The overall build quality of this product is good. Amazing light with just only one normal 1.5V AA battery (I use rechargeab...
    Cons:
    no one so far (~ 3 years of usage)
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    a good clone of original akoray-k106

posted by Komzpa on 11/03/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    - osram led, brighter than cree - no useless menus and mode switches - works with 1.2-3.7v batteries, including 'almost discharged' ones - glows in the dark, so you can find it easily if you left it on the table and switched lights off already - good b...
    Cons:
    doesn't have a '6-clicks-in-a-row' menu like early k106's did. doesn't have overcrrent protection - use with protected batteries
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Tiny but powerful

posted by iscatel on 10/13/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Very small, it fits clipped inside my pocket and I don't notice that it is there. Incredibly bright for the size. The run time is fairly short using a 14500, less than an hour, but the tradeoff is worth it for the brightness. Using an alkaline AA, the ru...
    Cons:
    none
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 2
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    AA-S1

posted by DCLEVEL1 on 08/01/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Very bright light with a good balance of throw and hot spot. The size makes it very easy to carry all the time.
    Cons:
    It gets very warm and has no heat sink to help it keep cool. The wire type belt clip was nice but I had to bend it back into sh...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Don't buy one. . . buy lots of them!!!

posted by yhn333 on 12/03/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    - Bright, smooth and floody - Compact size - Decent clip - Tint colour is prefect - Price
    Cons:
    - Not a huge fan of all the glow-in-the-dark bits - Quality is good not great
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great flashlight, budget price!

posted by donreha on 11/15/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Great price! Works perfectly with simple Duracell AA-batteries Small and lightweight I like the rubber O-rings between the parts. I don't have light-power measuring devices, but I guess it can make the promised 160 lumens. At dusk I can see the direct l...
    Cons:
    I would prefer a lanyard instead of the belt clip on the body, but it's not so important. Still a lightweight EDC-champion! So...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very good quality

posted by lambition on 09/03/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Very good quality. Glass lens, aluminum reflector, water tight, silicone o-rings, and small size. Glass lens reduces scratches on the lens. Silicone o-rings lasts longer. Small pocket sized. Bright enough for a pocket flash light.
    Cons:
    I believe price can be a little better.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Can't belive, this is a real AA'er!!

posted by seckinb on 01/05/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    + Brightness is more than enough even with only an NiMH AA battery. Never needed to put in a 14500. + Floody beam is beautiful. + Can tailstand perfectly + GITD rings + Very good size for an EDC light, a minimum for AA light
    Cons:
    - Mine wasn't warm tint, a bluer white instead (pro/con?) - Had little scratches on the front, nothing important though - Thr...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great Flashlight!

posted by Darkblade48 on 01/03/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    An excellent flashlight that uses a good Osram LED and not the more common Cree LEDs. However, the two are very much comparable. The flashlight has a glow in the dark clicky and uses glow in the dark O-rings as well. It can take both AA and protected 14500.
    Cons:
    The glow in the dark O-rings and button do not really last that long.
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections