DX  » Community » Reviews » Digital Camera Lens Cover/Cap with Strap for Nikon (52mm)
Sort by:
19 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:7414 (74%)
  • 4 Star:265 (26%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Goof product

posted by jbrans on 08/09/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Good quality overall. Just like any other branded cap. Also right price or at least cheaper than any other cap you can buy at the stores.
    Cons:
    None really. Plastic quality is OK and strap seems to hold fine.
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    very useful

posted by michelprgu on 05/04/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Novice  (still getting used to it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Really very cheap (if you buy in a normal store would pay at least 5 euros) Very useful because it is very easy to take down these Covers / cap and never find them. construction relatively good, but is inferior to the original ...
    Cons:
    is a bit difficult to tie the lens correctly. and is a complete pessima idea to tie in the camera, if you have different sized ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Better than original one!

posted by Pavlyuk on 04/11/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Looks and feels are perfect - like an original one. Materials are NOT cheap. It is solid and durable. It has a strap - you never lose it. It has Nikon logo on front side - like an original one.
    Cons:
    I can`t find any cons. This is very good product.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    HIGHLY RECOMMENDED LENS CAP

posted by nhalawani on 02/27/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    - Very sturdy - High Quality - Very thick plastic - Looks exactly Like an original Nikon lens cap - Comes with a thin string to avoid losing the cap
    Cons:
    - None so far - the provided string is useless to me personally. I threw it away
    View Detail » 
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Perfecto en mi Nikon d3100

posted by lolillo85 on 02/19/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Barata, práctica y hecha de plastico de buena calidad. Donde vivo este objeto puede valer alrededor de 15 € y aqui solo 2,2€!!! Es Increible Cheap, practical and made ??of good quality plastic. Where I live this object can be worth around € 15 and € 2...
    Cons:
    En mi opinión nada que objetar, solo que la serigrafia se nota un poco que no es original In my opinion no objection, the...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    It is a lens cap, with a hole in it, and string

posted by Cyrena on 02/10/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    It is a lens cap, with a small hole drilled into the edge, and a piece of string to use as a strap. The lens cap works fine, with the spring release that you can attach and remove with a pinching motion. Cap is branded as Nikon.
    Cons:
    Sometimes lens cap does not attach to lens securely and will fall off if bumped. Spring that keeps it in could have more tension.
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great cap, shoddy strap

posted by gujochino on 02/05/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Excellent cap and very cheap on the top of that. Excellent (as tested on a D50 and a D60).
    Cons:
    The strap was already threading when I opened the packaging. I am pretty sure they will break after a few field trips. Too bad,...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    decent lens cap

posted by pele23 on 02/03/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    This lens cap is exactly the same as original although is much cheaper. Strap is very useful when you don't have time to pack the cap. I think that this product is very good and something that every owner of 52mm nikon lenses need to have.
    Cons:
    It's tricky to set up on lens properly, but it is possible. Strap is a bit longer then it should be so it needs to be shortened.
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Looking like Original One

posted by umutkose on 01/23/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    very well quality seems like original product. fits very tight to lenses. easy to put on and move out. Very good pruduct to protect your lenses front side from dust and scratches. it seems very durable. has a strap to tie it so its not easy to loose.
    Cons:
    there is a hole on cover to tie strap on. but just one hole is not enough to tie and hole is at a weird position to put to stra...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very similar to original

posted by RodgerRJ on 11/27/2012 Certified Owner

Pros:
    - It's VERY similar to the original lens cover that comes with your camera kit. Needs to look very close to see any difference. - Quality of plastic is pretty honest as well.
    Cons:
    - The strap comes loose, so you need to attach it by yourself, which might be very challenging for some (It was for me) - The ...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections