• Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 5
works really great – 2-Port USB 2.0 PCMCIA Expansion Card for Laptops Reviews

posted by FireFlowerist on 04/02/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
Works greatly! I noticed the USB powercable wasn't needed when using this product. Maybe with some devices that require high current from USB you might need it but overall I haven't noticed any problems when not using it. I have been using WLAN stick (N-draft) and USB HOST + card reader with it and there hasn't been any complications.
Cons:
Maybe a little bit too tight USB ports. You need to use some force to get them in there and some force to pull them off while ensuring the card itself doesn't come out with it The USB powercable DC in slot is placed badly between the ports. Large sticks won't fit in with USB power cable but you might not even ever need it.
Other:
It just works fine! I have put my computer to sleep and the card wakes up with it also, works after hibernation, so you don't have to ever remove it from PCMCIA slot.
Bottomline:
For a bit above $10 you get an really nice PCMCIA USB 2.0 card. I bought this for my laptop that had only USB 1.1 ports and now the laptop is more useable without speed limit of USB 1.1

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections