DX  » Community » Reviews » USB 54Mbps 802.11b/g WiFi LAN Adapter with Detachable Antenna
Sort by:
31 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:6119 (61%)
  • 4 Star:3912 (39%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 3
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good Wifi USB, but there are better

posted by AlysonPW on 05/19/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    It is a good device, it has a good chipset, and allows us to connect to wireless networks.
    Cons:
    - I think the antenna is a little weak, but I have solved that installing the antenna of my old router in it. Now, with a bigge...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great little adapter - Windows, Ubuntu, OSX...

posted by arsehat on 08/20/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Works brilliantly with various flavours of Windows and Ubuntu 12.04 - Ralink 2870 chipset. DX don't mention this at all, but a driver for OS X 10.5-10.7 can be downloaded from ralinktech.com
    Cons:
    OS X support is a little odd; Ralink's configuration utility needs to be started to get it to connect to an access point, but t...
    View Detail » 
    • Usefulness: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Doesn't work with KISMAC

posted by jojpaul on 05/21/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Works great as a wireless card on a PC. Quick setup. Solid signal strength. Works well with a large antenna.
    Cons:
    Couldn't get a drive for MAC OS. But I knew that when I bought it. I had ordered it in hopes that I might get one that came wit...
    View Detail » 
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great Adapter

posted by Jonny99 on 12/26/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    - Works in either wifi (wifi client) and in AP mode. - Although it is constructed of plastic, well thought over. - Compatible with Windows 7 64. - Supports security WPA/WPA2-PSK. - It has security control by MAC (you can register and free access to only the...
    Cons:
    - CD with driver malfunctioned.
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 2
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    low end choice

posted by rogeriordctmd on 12/26/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Low price. Good reception range. Usefull. Ease to install and to use. Perfect to use in a USB port in a desktop that needs wireless conection. Don't need to open de desktop to install it.
    Cons:
    The driver CD comes with the correct driver, but you need to search or it in a large number of folders and install it manually....
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works good!

posted by rrrulo on 09/08/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    - Excelent build quality - Very well packaged with a box and manual with drivers (see bellow) - Comes with removable anntena (this is a great feature) - Works fine - Nice range, and if its not enough for you you can buy another antenna here in dealextre...
    Cons:
    - My driver CD came empty, totally empty. I try on diverents cd readers and nothing there, a virgin cd lol. I had to google ...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 3
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works -- good price!

posted by sixstringtiger on 06/08/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    It works fine. The range is fine and it performs as you would expect. I used it to add wifi capabilities to a very very old Gateway laptop that I installed Puppy Linux on. No real issues getting it running (as I recall anyway).
    Cons:
    The plastic case isn't really held together by anything -- the plastic separates often. This turned out to be a good thing, how...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 2
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Easy install works great

posted by kiddude on 06/05/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    It works good for range It wasnt that hard of an install once i found what i needed to install The CD had the drivers need to use it Not sure if it had the range it says but it does reach pretty far
    Cons:
    Big bulky case CD has lots of extra drivers You have to find the right drivers on the CD. Only a con because it didnt really ha...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    USB WIFI Land Adapter

posted by Ben165 on 03/22/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Got it installed in Windows 7 without using the driver disk. Works like a charm! Used SKU 33717 - Quality USB 2.0 Extension Cable (1M) to move it away from the back of my computer and used some double sided tape to stick it to a nearby bookshelf. Works as d...
    Cons:
    It is a little thick which isn't a big problem for me. It may become a problem, especially when you want to use it alongside an...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    very good

posted by GRizlly on 03/15/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Novice  (still getting used to it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    - plug and play in windows 7 (It is very convenient) - good build quality - the external removable antenna (bought for this reason)
    Cons:
    The given WiFi adapter a little the big size. It causes small inconveniences at usage on a notebook. But in due course you get ...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 4
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections