DX  » Community » Reviews » TrustFire Protected 16340 880mAh 3.7V Rechargeable Li-Ion Batteries (2-Pack)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 3
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 3
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 3
Something different – TrustFire Protected 16340 880mAh 3.7V Rechargeable Li-Ion Batteries (2-Pack) Reviews

posted by jaysers on 02/18/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
okeh.. the pros.. the pros is that i dont know the real capacity of this battery. it is wrapped in the new trustfire label so i guess the capacity is near 880mah? also the label is a glossy black and looks like the AW batteries.
Cons:
okeh.. the cons.. many cons lo.. the biggest cons is the length.. i dont know why, trustfire wants to make the 16340 way out of the standard size.. comparing it to the CR123 batteries...it is 3mm longer! yes... 3mm. so if you want to use it in flashlights where 2 x 16340 is needed, this will not fit AT ALL. you will destroy both your light and the battery if u force the batteries in. but for single cell lights it is still okay. since the battery size is that big i reckon the capacity is higher.
Other:
they are actually good for single cell lights as they provide more mAH (maybe) given the length of the cell. black colored cells are hard to find during the night. so it is recommended to change your batteries during the day.
Bottomline:
do not buy if you want to use it for 2 cell flashlights. buy if you want to use it for single cell flashlights.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections