write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 3
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 2
  • Ease Of Use: 3
  • Usefulness: 3
Not adjustable – Driving Anti-Drowsy Alert Reviews

posted by wt808 on 10/30/2007 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
Cheap Better than not using it
Cons:
Flimsy Somewhat bulky No fine adjustment Single-axis detection only Contains mercury
Other:
This unit contains a simple circuit consisting of an on-off switch, a mercury switch, a buzzer, and a button battery in series. When your head tilts forward past a certain point, the mercury switch closes and the buzzer goes off. Unfortunately, my head has to tilt down past about 45 degrees before the unit goes off. The mercury switch sits in a molded cavity so you cannot reorient the switch. However, you can rotate the entire unit on your ear to some extent, but it depends on the shape and size of your ear. It does not detect head tilting to the sides (unless you somehow go upside down. like maybe when your car has flipped over).
Bottomline:
I bought this for my wife because she works odd hours and tends to doze off when driving. It is better than not having it, but she tends to nod, tilt to the sides, and close her eyes and this unit will not detect that.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections