DX  » Community » Reviews » USB 2.0 SDHC SD/Mini SD/Micro SD/TF/M2/MS Card Reader (16GB Max Color Assorted)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Sturdy, essential, useful – USB 2.0 SDHC SD/Mini SD/Micro SD/TF/M2/MS Card Reader (16GB Max Color Assorted) Reviews

posted by DrTofu83 on 01/16/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
It's sturdy, easy to use and well built. Quite fast (don't expect a cheetah, but I moved around 8Gb in three files in 20 minutes top, using an USB2.0 hub and moving them to an external HDD on the same hub), easy to use, and sturdy, really sturdy. A wide range of flash memories supported.
Cons:
None that I can't really blame it for.
Other:
Bottomline:
The construction is rather sturdy. I had shop-bought ultraflat cardreader that started to come apart at the seams after a week of repated use, but this one is really solid, a solid hunk of plastic with well-cut slots for MS, SD/miniSD, microSd and Sony MS, as small as it can without being frail. Especially if you plan to get a Slot-card for your Nintendo DS, or other items needing an external source for editing the flash memory accluded, even if the product description says there's a single purpose reader included, buy this one instead.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections