DX  » Community » Reviews » 2.4GHz 15~18dBi Directional High Gain 13-Unit Antenna for Wifi/Wireless Network (N Female)
Sort by:
11 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:556 (55%)
  • 4 Star:455 (45%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very good small antenna.

posted by smilos on 02/04/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    The antenna is a solid construction. The gain is 13 dB. In practice, it is from 11 - 13 dB. It's worth every penny. Very good for short links up to 1 km. For me, working on the vertical polarization. Because of the relatively small vertical entrance angle c...
    Cons:
    Because no body is very susceptible to weathering. As soon as it gets wet loses signal. Central mount antenna is a little guilt...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    easy wifi hunting

posted by milocs on 07/07/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    good quality build easy to mount and of course the pigtail is a plus as the coax is no connceted directly to the antenna makes it much easier to mount higher the mount the coax after great find Dealxtreme
    Cons:
    not much as to cons i could find here !!!!!!!
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    I had to Wireless

posted by izmail on 04/10/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    looks solid. aluminum material. robust construction such as that of a TV antenna.
    Cons:
    I could not find any missing. it's not used already. sma plug on me because I do not. I could not find any missing. it's not us...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great product

posted by manueloliva on 08/13/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    The packaging is good when it arrived, heavily packaged thus protecting the item from the damage. the installation is quite simple. though i have to replace the connector. I had a outrageous gain in signal strength. my old antenna for my wimax connection i...
    Cons:
    Not much aside from the connector is not for my current cabling, but anyways i managed to replace it and the rest is a breeze
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works almost as well as advertised, Great buy

posted by Deshi on 05/05/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Does the job, and quite well, once you have it aimed properly. Roughly 10-14dbi gain over my stock omni antennas on a Linksys WRT54G Router with Tomato firmware, using a descent quality 4-foot long N to RP-TNC cable. Might be even better results if could...
    Cons:
    - Short cable, so you will need an extension to mount it outside if you want the router or whatever it connects to to be indoo...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 2
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    not so good

posted by SnakeNET on 04/18/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    solid, good build, with a way to attach it. Better than some 'ricore' antenna. Ease to point (I have fixed a boussole on it)
    Cons:
    in my model (not the same as pictured), the cable is not good placed. Then, I have less signal than the standard omni. I have t...
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great antenna!

posted by ogofogo on 03/23/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    This santenna is just great! I bought a converter cable from N male to rp-sma so I can attach it to my Gsky wifi adapter which I also bought from here. I have great connections to hundreds(yes hundreds) of wifi hotspots and all this is without direct visi...
    Cons:
    I can't find any cons really. It's just the N female adapter but there's (I think) the same antenna here with rp-sma connector...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works fine!

posted by idillus on 01/14/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    This antenna works fine! I had a Wifi problem (the signal's strength was too loud), and, after plug in with my Wifi Adapter it goes fine! The gain is not 15 - 18 dBi, the real gain should be around 12 dBi, but it's good
    Cons:
    The only problem I found is I needed to buy an adaptor to work on my wifi adaptor, and using this adaptor, I loose 1 additional...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Sturdy yagi!

posted by Laakkonen on 12/29/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Cheap, very sturdy, pretty light, comes with a pole mount (vertical polarization), will stand HEAVY wind load. Easy to aim.
    Cons:
    Better construction might squeeze more decibels. You will need an adapter for your WLAN device although N is imo better for hea...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    12dBi -- a great deal

posted by easycr on 07/14/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    Mine just arrived, and I'm pleasantly surprised. The 15-18dBi rating is likely overstated by the manufacturer, but I got results in the 12dBi range. I used Netstumbler software and tested this one against a 12dBi Waveguide antenna (cantenna) and a similar ...
    Cons:
    Not 15-18dBi (but still a great deal) Several of the black rubber caps fell off during transport, the antennas come in clear pl...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections