DX  » Community » Reviews » Sunglass MP3 Player (2GB)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 3
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 5
A little warning (for users and sellers alike) – Sunglass MP3 Player (2GB) Reviews

posted by Aywyn on 03/01/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
Easy to use, very adjustable headphones, nice design. Nice storage box for when you're not using them (it's not soft anymore).
Cons:
They don't seem to be recognised by my Windows Vista, but maybe that's just my pc. Worked right away on windows XP. Lenses seem a bit fragile
Other:
A bit of a warning... My glasses came with 3 mp3 files on them and a VIRUS! Besides the 3 files there was also a file autorun.inf which wanted to run the file svchos.exe which I can only imagine what it is (I fix pcs for a living and know how the viruses attempt to hide with similar names as system files (e.g. svchost.exe). So when you first plug them in to your pc either disable autorun on the device or hold down shift to do it manually, then delete the present files immediately so oyu don't get infected.
Bottomline:
These seem like nice sunglasses and I can't wait to try them outside. I was just quick with the review because of the virus. Otherwise I'd like to commend Dealextreme on their work and all the packages I got (quick and in one piece). Keep up the good work.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections