DX  » Community » Reviews » 1.5V~4.2V 3W Cree Circuit Board for Flashlights (16.7mm*5.6mm)
Sort by:
21 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:6714 (67%)
  • 4 Star:337 (33%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good product

posted by jonnyhayashi on 09/13/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    -Cheap -Only 1 operating mode (I like it) -small footprint, its easy to fit into a case
    Cons:
    -High working temperature -Current regulation is not very good. -The wires that come with the unit are too thin -Only 1 operati...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Cree circuit

posted by madsnake85 on 08/12/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    ++ One mode. + Very easy to install + Presoldered wires are nice, i didn't even cut them + Cheap
    Cons:
    I can't see none. Probably someone would want more modes, but i like the only mode very much.
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great value driver

posted by mervin82 on 06/19/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Well-priced is probably the best pro about this product! Buy it in bulk and it is even cheaper. Despite the low price, it works as advertised with no flashing, low/hi function. Also received the item in less than a week.
    Cons:
    The driver size is 16.7mm, not a big problem if you can file it down to 16mm.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Perfect

posted by tdes on 06/11/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Novice  (still getting used to it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Exactly as described, just dropped in, runs an x-re r2 perfectly well, long run times. I am a novice when it comes to electronics, but found it easy to use. I have some other cheap torches that i am thinking of upgrading with this cree board.
    Cons:
    Could be slightly brighter but that would compromise run time. Not really a downside, more of an observation.
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good

posted by Josh101 on 03/12/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    A good small driver for your projects or repairs. The output is relatively stable, but if your looking for a good driver go for these.
    Cons:
    Was shipped in a plastic bag, as a result one of the two I ordered was damaged. A chunk was missing from the Inductor, but it s...
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Decent driver

posted by mundaire on 03/05/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Decent, though I would have preferred the connecting wires to have a bit more 'substance' to them.
    Cons:
    No instructions came with the unit, so best be prepared with a multimeter to double check the circuit before you get out your s...
    View Detail » 
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    cheap boost converter

posted by dingran2009 on 03/01/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Novice  (still getting used to it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Very low price. Use it for cree Q3 light, and works fine. Eyeballing it is brighter than old dead board.
    Cons:
    Generate a lot of heat with 14500 battery. No idea how long it will last or if it is better than old dead driver.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Smallest Boost Converter i could find

posted by Hexacat on 12/08/2012 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Cheap and small Boost driver. Output seems regulated only between 1,8 V and 3 V, output current is ~600mA, output Power ~1,7W. Efficency was about 70-76%.
    Cons:
    Not realy regulated outside of the operating range. Also does not work regulated with higher Output voltage.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Excellent 1-2 AA/AAA driver

posted by relic38 on 12/05/2012 Certified Owner

Pros:
    - Good boost driver for 1 AA or 2 AA/AA cells, may be too much current for 1 AAA. - Small, fits in some AA flashlights - Will run up to 4.2V, unregulated (even 4.5V, but gets rather hot) - Simple resistor change to adjust output current
    Cons:
    - Unregulated above 3.0V. Drive current is determined by the LED used and any resistance in the circuit. Can be a problem for...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    good driver for two AA or Lithium-ion

posted by yrnkrn on 12/04/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    While this driver works from 1V to 4.2V, its efficiency is terrible when voltage is lower than 2.4V. This problem is common with such drivers, as I noted on my review of SKU 128084. Also, current is not really regulated outside the 2-3V range (noted correct...
    Cons:
    I ordered three boards, one arrived short circuit due to bad soldering of the black wire. I fixed it.
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 3
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections