DX  » Community » Reviews » World's Smallest MicroSD TransFlash TF SD/SDHC USB 2.0 Card Reader Keychain
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 3
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 2
  • Usefulness: 4
My Bad ! Works Fine... – Kawau World's Smallest MicroSD TransFlash TF SD/SDHC USB 2.0 Card Reader Keychain Reviews

posted by switchdoctor on 06/05/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:Novice (still getting used to it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
On a previous review I mentioned this item's little slot did NOT accept MicroSD (and it does not). However you are supposed to stick the micro SD in the END of the USB side, not in the slot (which is apparantly TF). So it is tiny indeed, and it works.
Cons:
VERY confusing when dealing with MicroSD cards. The good thing is you can bust off the plastic slot end, and make it even smaller so it fits inside your PC slot cover (Toughbook) for storage.
Other:
It does not blow out a memory stick to insert it wrong, thats good. But there is a VERY hardly noticable imression on the metal usb end depicting the proper insertion of SD card (VERY hard to see), BUT you can notice the BOTTOM LEFT corner of the packaging (as in photo above) which indicates how to insert the MicroSD card. Once you get it in there it works. (no pun intended.)
Bottomline:
It is one of the most expensive of this type of reader available from DX, and I expected better information at least. Overall I see no real advantage of this unit over some of the others. Most others are usb2.0 also. But this review is better and more accurate than the last one I did before I figured it out. (premature evaluation = no pun intended again...)

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections