DX  » Community » Reviews » Protective Plastic Case for 3.5" SATA HDD (Translucent)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 4
Inexpensive Hard Drive Case – Protective Plastic Case for 3.5" SATA HDD (Translucent) Reviews

posted by CSummers on 09/02/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
I'm building a collection of 1T hard drives used to store and archive television programs and DVD backups. These cases are perfect for storing drives long-term, and carrying them when necessary.
Cons:
The major con I've found is their lack of stacking; it would have been trivial to add a simple stacking system or at least catch moldings, but there are none. Placing multiple drives on top of each other is NOT advised, as the plastic will easily slide against the other cases. They need to be stored vertically or beside each other to avoid this problem.
Other:
FWIW, if one hand-labels the non-plug-end of the drives with silver paint markers or Sharpies, it can handily be seen through the plastic on the non-door side of the case. (The door side has a black foam pressure-pad, which you cannot see through.)
Bottomline:
I haven't found anything even close to these cases at anywhere near this price - whether you only have a few drives or a bunch, these cases will help organize and protect them.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections