DX  » Community » Reviews » RJ45/RJ11 Network and Telephone Cable Tester Keychain
Sort by:
12 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:425 (42%)
  • 4 Star:587 (58%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 2
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    works but is cheaply made

posted by Robsdeal on 12/01/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    -Product certainly does what is has to do and tests equally well both standard phone connector cable and also the 8 conductor ethernet type cable. It is very handy when trying to isolate internet connection problems from pc to pc using cable connections......
    Cons:
    The build quality is VERY CHEAP plastic is the cheapy flexible type that makes noises and creaks every time you take the extern...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 1
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Really flimsy, but it works

posted by McKaamos on 11/12/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Well, it's fairly small and comes with a detachable part for the other side of the cable you want to test. It's also easy to use and only requires a 9v battery.
    Cons:
    It really is quite flimsy. The plastic is extremely easy to break. I broke off a small edge just by putting the battery in.
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Quality: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    A must have backup tool for IT/DIY Guys

posted by BardogoBoss on 04/11/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Easy to use it can't be simpler than this, Small compare to other rj45 testing tools, Gets the job done, Low price.
    Cons:
    Fragile, Poor build quality, Lack in information, Battery compartment is quite annoying which makes it hard to get the batter...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good price and funcionality

posted by carlit0s5 on 12/11/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    It' very cheap and small, easy to carry anywhere. His funcionality is very simple and understandable. It have a ring to use it like a keychain. It's good to test long cables because you have two points where look the conectivity and if the cable is fine.
    Cons:
    The quality of the chasis is very poor, I think that it could break easily. It haven't good terminations.
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Cheap gadget works well

posted by noneal on 08/07/2012 Certified Owner

Pros:
    * Very easy to use * small size and very light * easy to read LEDs * performs 1 function - testing the network cable. * comes apart for testing in multiple rooms
    Cons:
    * Kind of cheap. * Battery doesn't fit perfectly in slot. * One LED is fake.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    it gets the job done

posted by barlesq on 12/10/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    i work as a low voltage technician and when my really expensive tester broke i decide to look for something cheaper. i found it.this small tester is perfect for my needs when working with rj-45 and rj-11 connectors.
    Cons:
    build quality is not the best. first time i plugged an rj-45 in it i pushed the socket in, so i had to open it and put it back....
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    It's Working...

posted by ocsic on 10/24/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    It is a relatively nice, small, low cost tool and it can be separated to two parts! It works as expected, helped a lot for detecting a cable brakes in my home network. The tester is working on telephone (RJ11) and the network (RJ45) cables to.
    Cons:
    The tool don't have a speed switch for slow and fast detecting/testing! It's a little big for the "Keychain", but who...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Simple, Cheap & Effective

posted by Krizalid on 09/06/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    It works as advertised, helped me determine a bum cable in my network, is compact and is exceptionally low-priced.
    Cons:
    Simple cheap design - Certainly won't replace a professional tester in your toolkit, but is handy to have as a backup.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great for a quick network tester

posted by vinnieg1983 on 08/01/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    - Works well for testing phone/network cables as well as checking that ports are wired correctly - Great for network testing as well as home cable crimpers/use
    Cons:
    - Plastic is flimsy, inserting battery is harder than first though, think the battery back might break off next time I open it ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Simple and effective tester

posted by IceEyes on 05/15/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Simple cable tester. Works. Great for confirming your home-made cables are wired correctly.
    Cons:
    Does not run advanced cable diagnostics ;)
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections