DX  » Community » Reviews » Charge/Discharge Protective Circuit Board for Rechargeable Li-Ion Batteries (17.4mm*1.9mm)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Seems to work – Charge/Discharge Protective Circuit Board for Rechargeable Li-Ion Batteries (17.4mm*1.9mm) Reviews

posted by Meow88 on 11/10/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
Very cheap
Well built
Long enough tabs
Fast delivery
Seems to work fine.
I bought these to replace a stock protection circuit i had on a blue trustfire 18650. I had stripped out the trustfire's circuit and transferred it to my diy parallel 8 cell pack.
It couldnt run my voltage booster circuit connected to a 6W 12V fan, because the initial current surge kept tripping the protection circuit. It was too sensitive.
Swapped to this chip and it could handle the surge current without tripping. Great.
Cons:
No cons to speak of. If it cant handle short circuits as some DXers have tested, at least the FETS burn out first, instead of your battery pack exploding. Hopefully this is the worst case scenario that could happen.
Other:
Bottomline:
Get it, its cheap. I soldered them to JST cables i bought from DX, heatshrunk the tabs and wires to protect them from short circuiting. Now i have a detachable protection circuit to use on my unprotected battery packs.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections