DX  » Community » Reviews » Ultrafire C3 Stainless Steel Cree Q5-WC 5-Mode 190-Lumen Memory LED Flashlight (1*AA/1*14500)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Best yet! – Ultrafire C3 Stainless Steel Cree Q5-WC 5-Mode 190-Lumen Memory LED Flashlight (1*AA/1*14500) Reviews

posted by DonaldM on 07/20/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
Solid. Seems to be much better made and put together than most. Bright, several modes, comes back in the mode you started it in. Glow-in-the-dark tailcap and O rings made of better than average glow material.
Feels great in the hand, it is a good size and weight for me.
Cons:
It is heavy - this may or may not be a con for you. It weighs 79g without a battery instead of 39g for the aluminium version. Fractionally less bright on a 14500 than the aluminium single mode C3 - less than 25% which isn't noticeable unless you use a light meter.
Gets rather hot quickly on high which implies that it is pretty well heatsinked but being stainless steel it will not conduct heat away as an aluminium body would.
There is a disconcerting delay between switching on and its lighting up - about 3/4 second.
I'd prefer it with just three modes, very low, medium and high.
Other:
Excellent. I like it a lot. It uses different threads than the aluminium C3 so cannot use the extension tubes for 2AA cells from the aluminium ones. This would look exceedingly odd anyway.
Bottomline:
Buy one, in fact buy several, you won't be disappointed.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections