DX  » Community » Reviews » URC-900 Universal TV/VCR/HiFi/DVD/CD/Cable/Satellite Remote Controller
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 3
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 3
  • Ease Of Use: 2
  • Usefulness: 4
Good if you have some time to set it up – URC-900 Universal TV/VCR/HiFi/DVD/CD/Cable/Satellite Remote Controller Reviews

posted by ripdajacker on 02/01/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
- It worked once I got the correct code entered - The build quality is comparable to some more expensive remotes I have had - It has automatic code search
Cons:
- The manual is very poorly written, it looks like some word-by-word translation from a non-english language. - The entire list of supported devices is not in the manual (I had to figure out my code with a few automatic attempts) - The automatic code search does not function as written in the manual
Other:
A quite solid remote. I had luck figuring out how to list the codes it had found during automatic search (SET+numeric keys), and it works almost perfectly with my amp.
Bottomline:
A good candidate for a remote replacement. The one I replaced is retailing at about $70, so the price tag on this one was welcome. Recommended to the buyer who has the patience to figure out the engrish (look it up) manual.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections