DX  » Community » Reviews » EasyCAP USB 2.0 Audio/Video Capture/Surveillance Dongle with Mac OS Support
Sort by:
12 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:253 (25%)
  • 4 Star:678 (67%)
  • 3 Star:81 (8%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works great on mac

posted by DuGhetto on 01/21/2014 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    With EasyCapViewer for mac ( http://www.bentrask.com/easycap/ ) it is plug and play for the video. Just plug the DC60++, launch the app, and you're ready to play or record anything that comes out of the composite cable.
    Cons:
    For the audio on mac you will have to use a RCA to mini- jack adaptor and set your audio output as an audio input as shown in t...
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    EasyCap

posted by silverice49 on 09/11/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    +Excellent quality for the price +Up to 1080p (With the right software, i use VirtualDub) +Can be used for a variety of purposes, such as VHS recording and Gaming recording +AMAZING Price (compared to other similar devices) +Cables and splitters are easy to...
    Cons:
    -Audio is slightly out of sync (USE THIS METHOD TO CORRECT BAD AUDIO : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_apC4QYfYg) (From Kobz3...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    XBox Connector

posted by pbyrne98 on 03/19/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    This is a mac ready device that allows you to connect the Mac to your XBox. This free's up your TV and get the big screen of you Mac.
    Cons:
    Need to reset some parameters to make it work. There are plenty of You Tube videos around on how to make this work, though it d...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    A musthave for everyone who has family memories on VHS

posted by powerwade on 08/07/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    It works as advertised! Just plug in, install a proper video capture application, run it and start recording... and bang! you are now digitializing all your family events that were recorded on VHS :)
    Cons:
    After a while it gets pretty hot, but it doesn't affect the recording. The attached USB extender cable stopped working after a ...
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    great device to have!

posted by seanpaulk on 01/16/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    super useful! Can be used to record from composite or s-video or to turn your PC into an extra monitor for watching videos or playing games. The inclusion of PAL60,NTSC433 is extremely useful. easycap is recognised by most video capture programs
    Cons:
    dont really like the included software, but I didnt buy it for that so not a big deal for me.
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    It does a excellent job for the price

posted by pandanet on 07/09/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    - Excellent price - Easy to use - Pretty good image quality
    Cons:
    - I'm using on an Intel iMac. For some reason I can't make to record the audio through the RCA cable provided. I'm recording ma...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Decent video capture device

posted by Sedai1 on 01/23/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Pretty good video quality, considering the composite cable Affordable price Pal 60, Pal 50 and NTSC 433 support Good build quality Comes with a USB extension Both S-video and composite input
    Cons:
    Installation is a bit difficult Comes with a pirated CD, I didn't bother using it
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 2
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    It works

posted by Decatro on 09/21/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    * Video works like just as promised. It supports - Pal60 & Pal50 - Ntsc 433 -: The video is even more crisp than the other easycap versions. I own the easycap dc60 version which only supports pal50 :- * The build quality is sturdy, however, you may ge...
    Cons:
    * No audio for windows 7 users! During my research of finding the drivers for windows 7 (64-bit) i never came across a solution...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Not too bad.

posted by TazFrags on 08/23/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    This is a good item, I plugged it into my Windows 7 computer and it automatically found the drivers, I didn't use the software it provided me, I instead used VirtualDub as it is a lot better Virtual Dub http://www.virtualdub.org/ With the right settings I ...
    Cons:
    None, I can't complain I knew what I was buying and I got it, I didn't expect SUPER HD 1080P MEGA AWESOME QUALITY. But it's bet...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great product (except for the VideoGlide' key)

posted by Kroze on 04/19/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Very small. Works fine and don't heat too much. Contains all needed (about hardware)
    Cons:
    I'm using Mac OS 10.6.3 and VideoGlide 1.4.1 (30$). As ndillane, I had to buy a licence of VideoGlide. But I think it's normal...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections