Great success with TomTom/Navigon on iPad – 65-Channel Car Navigation and Tracking Bluetooth GPS Receiver + Data Logger Reviews
posted by ronkinoz66 on 02/17/2011
Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month
- Small size.
- Quick to acquire GPS lock.
- Bluetooth connects quickly.
- Bluetooth pairs fine with a jail-broken iPad running iOS4.2.1 and RoqyBT4.
- Most cost-effective GPS device I could find that works with RoqyBT4.
- Great price for what it does.
None that have impacted me. It's done exactly what I want it to.
- I have not attempted to use the bundled software as I had no need.
- I can't comment on battery life as I always use it plugged into a 12V source.
This device has met my requirements just perfectly.
I bought a Wi-fi only iPad, not expecting to ever need an iPad with GPS. Then I bought a 10m converted bus/motorhome. Doh!
I have so much dash and window space that it would be a shame to have to use the tiny screen of my iPhone for navigation instead of the huge iPad screen.
Mounted in a windshield suction mount (sku 44371), and coupled to this GPS via Bluetooth using RoqyBT4, the iPad makes an awesome navigation device.
My usage procedure:
- Turn on GPS Receiver.
- Start RoqyBT4 on iPad (Bluetooth & Location-Services already enabled on iPad).
- Wait about 10 seconds for RoqyBT4 to acquire link with GPS Receiver.
- Start TomTom/Navigon/etc..
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.