DX  » Community » Reviews » 65-Channel Car Navigation and Tracking Bluetooth GPS Receiver + Data Logger
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Great success with TomTom/Navigon on iPad – 65-Channel Car Navigation and Tracking Bluetooth GPS Receiver + Data Logger Reviews

posted by ronkinoz66 on 02/17/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
- Small size. - Quick to acquire GPS lock. - Bluetooth connects quickly. - Bluetooth pairs fine with a jail-broken iPad running iOS4.2.1 and RoqyBT4. - Most cost-effective GPS device I could find that works with RoqyBT4. - Great price for what it does.
Cons:
None that have impacted me. It's done exactly what I want it to.
Other:
- I have not attempted to use the bundled software as I had no need. - I can't comment on battery life as I always use it plugged into a 12V source.
Bottomline:
This device has met my requirements just perfectly. I bought a Wi-fi only iPad, not expecting to ever need an iPad with GPS. Then I bought a 10m converted bus/motorhome. Doh! I have so much dash and window space that it would be a shame to have to use the tiny screen of my iPhone for navigation instead of the huge iPad screen. Mounted in a windshield suction mount (sku 44371), and coupled to this GPS via Bluetooth using RoqyBT4, the iPad makes an awesome navigation device. My usage procedure: - Turn on GPS Receiver. - Start RoqyBT4 on iPad (Bluetooth & Location-Services already enabled on iPad). - Wait about 10 seconds for RoqyBT4 to acquire link with GPS Receiver. - Start TomTom/Navigon/etc..

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections