DX  » Community » Reviews » 1W White Light 20-Lumen LED Flashlight Keychain (3*AG13)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 3
  • Usefulness: 4
Bright – 1W White Light 20-Lumen LED Flashlight Keychain (3*AG13) Reviews

posted by kwog5 on 12/13/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
-Great value -Really nice drop in module, it flashes when cell voltage drops to about 3.2V, and then turns off. -Nice typeII quality, thick feeling and very uniform. anodize. -Quality feel and heft -Tailstands with a nice anti-roll bezel -Bezel is $urefire compatible, and with the brushed aluminum ring looks stunning. -O-rings everywhere -Clean/smooth lanyard holes
Cons:
-Bezel O-ring is too loose and does not engage sugly between the body and bezel. -Tailcap current conducts through the threads. -"Sticky" feeling click switch. When I push on it, it makes a "creeking/squeeking" sound. -Tailcap does not fit my SF-6P, so the light overall is not entirely SF compatible.
Other:
-With a non-IMR 16340 cell it draws .95A. -Run times are about 20-25 minutes from Ultrafire blue 16340 cells. -Ceiling bounce comparing it with my other lights, I would way its right around ~160 Lumens. -I added copper foil around the drop in module to help conduct heat.
Bottomline:
Great value overall, happy with my purchase. For $13 I am really surprised at the quality, heft and solid feel.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections