DX  » Community » Reviews » Diving Cree MC-E (K-WC) 3-Mode 640-Lumen LED Flashlight Kit (2*18650/4*CR123A/4*16340)
Sort by:
4 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:251 (25%)
  • 4 Star:502 (50%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:251 (25%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

75% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Excellent diving light if you're on a budget

posted by Slugsie on 01/26/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    I needed a good diving light, but I couldn't afford the silly money that some of them see to go for. Found this and figured it was exactly what I needed, and oh boy was I right. It produces a superbly bright beam of light with a useful beam spread and a nic...
    Cons:
    The magnetic switch, whilst mostly easy to use, has two problems. 1. The markings can be very hard to read in all but ideal lig...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 5
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good dive light with certain caveats.

posted by gcbryan on 02/07/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    This is a bright dive light that is more than comparable to a 10 W HID. The light color is a little warmer and more natural looking as well. This is a s small light compared to anything else that would give out this much light. The magnetic switching work...
    Cons:
    There seems to be a design flaw (easily correctable) in that the spring between the battery and light head is too long in many ...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 2
    • Price: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    • Usefulness: 2
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Failed dive test

posted by gcbryan on 11/08/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Bright warm colored light output. Beam angle not too narrow and not to wide. Build quality is excellent. Light works well on the surface. Nice burn time. Compact sized light for it's output level.
    Cons:
    Dims to almost off a few minutes into the dive. May not do this until 40 fsw but I'm not sure yet. Turn the light off and back ...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 3
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good Value, High Performance Dive Torch

posted by J33333 on 10/17/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Torch arrived well packaged, with spare o-rings etc. Batteries were already charged. The quality of the machining is great. It looks and feels like a well engineered piece of metal. It is smaller than I had imagined - easily fits in a BCD pocket. Twi...
    Cons:
    The outer o-ring was damaged, but no problem as spares were provided. The crown design around the lens is a bit of a weird cho...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 1
Go to Page:
  • Previous
  • Next

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections