DX  » Community » Reviews » Romisen RC-C6 Flood-to-Throw Zooming Q3-WC 90-Lumen LED Flashlight (1*CR123A)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Well built, aesthetically pleasing flood to throw – Romisen RC-C6 Flood-to-Throw Zooming Q3-WC 90-Lumen LED Flashlight (1*CR123A) Reviews

posted by nagpalji on 07/20/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
The RC-C6, like all other Romisens I've seen so far is excellent in the build quality department. Solid construction, lubed threads and in general a class that's missing from the Ultrafires. Not to mention the hard orange clicky that offers resistance to your thumb and makes a satisfying contact.
In addition this light scores in the aesthetic department too with the orange bezel over the cap/lens.
Really small, just slightly longer (few mm) than the WF-606A on CR2.
Comes packed in a hard paper tube (not paper, not cardboard, something in between) instead of bubble wrap.
Flood is total flood, without any spot at all.
Cons:
I was expecting it to be a bit brighter because of the CR123A.
In throw mode (zoomed in), the spot is a bit out of focus, have to twist back (zoom out) a bit to get the emitter shape in focus. Maybe by design or just with my piece. Not a negative for me, just an observation.
Certainly more expensive than other comparable peers, even those with better emitters. You are indeed paying for the better build quality.
Two handed operation since the zoom in/out is a twist operation instead of slide as on the other FTTs i.e. C30/C78/X2000.
Other:
I was looking for a pocket FTT (Flood to Throw) light and this satisfies at least the "pocket" part. RC-29 has decent reviews (on youtube as well) but this was mentioned to be brighter so went for this.
Bottomline:
I don't have another FTT so I can't compare, but if (like me) you're looking for a good looking, robust pocket torch with an ability to give useful flood, then get it. Otherwise there are cheaper alternatives (C30, C78).

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections