DX  » Community » Reviews » Flood-to-Throw Zooming Cree P4-WC 150lm 3-Mode LED Bike Light with Mount (3*AAA)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 5
I am very happy! – Flood-to-Throw Zooming Cree P4-WC 3-Mode LED Bike Light with Mount (3*AAA) Reviews

posted by OldNick on 01/05/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
Small, but seem sturdy.
I actually like using it "pistol style" with the bike mount on. Having said that it's really easy to take out anyway. this is good if you are leaving the bike and don't want the light stolen.
The bike mount is logical and easy to use.
Nice and bright. I compared it to another torch I have and thought it was no good...then realised I had it on low.
The focus is extremely handy and still bright enough at full width. The focusing mechanism is smooth, and cannot be wound right off the light.
Light spread is nice and even.
Cons:
Slight blue tint, which is a con if you are worried about the colour, but a pro because the eye sees it as brighter.
The programme system is a bit naff in my opinion. Having to cycle through if I turn on after getting the one I want is a bit of a pain. Only three stages, but you have to click twice for each stage.
The ring of light at the edges can be distracting.
I bought 6! One gave some trouble with not working with the battery cap tight. I used some water repellent and that fixed it.
Other:
I rated this at 4 because while I think they are excellent, one did need to be mucked about with. The programme is clumsy for me.
Pro or Con?
The torch does not get warm over time, with fresh cells. Either the LED is running easy, or there is maybe a heat transfer problem. Only time will tell on that.The heatsinking _looks_ OK.
Bottomline:
Well worth the money. I bought 6 and they are all working, and very consistent in output and appearance.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections