DX  » Community » Reviews » USB Powered VGA to Composite + S-Video Converter Box (1280*1024px Max)
Sort by:
17 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:417 (41%)
  • 4 Star:478 (47%)
  • 3 Star:122 (12%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Excelent device!

posted by juanma3010 on 06/24/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    -Bery compact. - Lowest price. It is cheapest vga to S-Video gadget. - Totally funcional. I tested all functions. - All cables needed are inside. - Very simple installation. - USB powered. - Plenty of stuff that could be needed in the box. - Really Better t...
    Cons:
    I see it fragile. Build quality is not the great, but what you can expect for this price.
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very useful gadget

posted by Staletic on 06/05/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Works like a charm. It is very easy to hook up this converter. Fine resolution. You can use Composite, S video and VGA out at the same time. Zoom picture without a menu. Moove picture throuhg menu.
    Cons:
    Build quality is not the great, but what you can expect for this price, right? It looks little bit clunky... but it works.
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works well

posted by gebike on 04/05/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    The resolution is quite good, better than I expected.
    Cons:
    I'm a bit afraid of the quality of the cords, seems ok now, hope will work after 1 year as well. But you know for this mony tot...
    View Detail » 
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    The cheapest one

posted by sw5guilherme on 03/07/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    The smallest one i've seen. Works with any VGA output, which is not true when you buy that VGA-RCA cables (e.g SKU 9812). You don't need to find a power plug, because it's USB powered. Really cheap,
    Cons:
    Image is blurry and sometimes noisy. You can watch a video, but it's not confortable to read webpages or any text in small font...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 3
    • Price: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 2
    • Usefulness: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Ok alternative for TV-out

posted by eNdEmiOn on 10/02/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Got this little gizmo to keep being able to use my old TV hooked up to the PC trough s-video or composite cabling. - The device works OK. - USB powered. - Plenty of stuff that could be needed in the box.
    Cons:
    - Every time I reboot my pc I have to reconnect the device. Otherwise the signal gets completely distorted. - The secondary VG...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    A Good Choice

posted by nellob on 06/06/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    Things I would have liked to have known before I bought this are: - it really is tiny, quite a bit smaller than I expected (a good thing) - the s-video and tv outputs appear to both be on permanently, at least on my unit - I tried a bunch of different resol...
    Cons:
    Highest output frequency is 60Hz (if you care). The manual truly is hopeless, but as there are only 2 switches with 2 states e...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 2
    • Quality: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Perfect

posted by cranic on 04/24/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Very compact and easy to use. No power adapter needed. No driver instalation needed. Cables with good size. High resolution support (1280*1024px @ 60Hz). Works on linux! (Tested on Fedora 14).
    Cons:
    Price. You can find cheaper. No DVI. No Component Video.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good Converter

posted by moosettner on 03/28/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    This converter works for showing movies on my old TV which doesn't have an digital connection. Actually, my laptop only has a VGA out as well, so there was no way to use it to show movies on the TV. The converter works well with reasonalbe color and resol...
    Cons:
    Manual is weak. Lots of cables needed to make the connections. Converter is powered with included USB adapter, VGA cable also...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    This is the converter that really work.

posted by leobsilva on 03/25/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    - This converter really work. - Very easy to carry around. - It´s really small. - All cables needed are inside. - Very simple installation. - Well built, does not look like cheap. - You do not need any energy adapter to use this converter.
    Cons:
    None that I can think about.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    The Best solution your money can buy

posted by rduguay on 09/27/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    I have a Dell Inspiron notebook and it does not have a video output. If you are using datashows anda new tv sets, no problem: all of them has a vga input. But i need to use it with old tv sets, that only uses video input (like rca cables). For me this is th...
    Cons:
    You have to use a usb cable to power (a cable more...) and i guess that the case is not really the best you see in life. But it...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections