DX  » Community » Reviews » TANK007 TK-703 HA-III Cree Q3-WC 110-Lumen LED Flashlight - Red (1*AAA/1*10440)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
3 of 4 units were GREAT! 1 not so great. – TANK007 TK-703 HA-III Cree Q3-WC 110-Lumen LED Flashlight - Red (1*AAA/1*10440) Reviews

posted by barkdust1945 on 02/12/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
This is my favorite EDC (every day carry) light by far. I don't notice it in a pants pocket any more than a chapstick. They put out lot's of white light that you can easily hold in your mouth. It sure helps compensate for old eyes! It might be too much light for some people to say poke around in a computer. But it's perfect for me. I've been carrying it in a pocket with keys for a couple of months -- no scratches in the finish.
Cons:
None on the 3 that worked.
Other:
1 of the lights became intermittent -- like it had a bad connection. DX sent me a replacement, so I decided to see if I could repair the bad one. I tried using a pair of long needle nose pliers to unscrew the pill, but couldn't get it to move. After trying, I put a battery in the light and -- suprise! No problem. After a couple of weeks the unit became intermittent again. So I applied the pliers and "fixed" it a second time. I can't see well down the barrel, but my guess is that either the pill isn't making good contact wth the barrel or there is a loose wire. The lights get a little warm, but not hot. With this amount of light, the battery life is around an hour with rechargeable AAA's.
Bottomline:
I really like these lights. Just a little better quality control and they would be perfect! DX customer service was very good on the replacement.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections