DX  » Community » Reviews » USB Universal E-mail/Webmail/IM Notifier (Gmail/Outlook/Outlook Express/POP3)
Sort by:
9 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:676 (67%)
  • 4 Star:333 (33%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Awesome gadget

posted by jurcc on 02/15/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    works perfectly with gmail account has multiple choice of check for new emails time simple and looks good, just the right size, build quality is good
    Cons:
    Included software didn't work With forums software I only managed to work with blue color, whatever I click, it's always blue.
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Fun little gadget, have to write your own software tho

posted by FelixL on 09/12/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Fun little USB controlled LED that can light up in 7 different colors. Good to have immediate visual notification of something on your computer. Nice soft glow inside the translucent shell. No driver needed, lots of software available in the forum.
    Cons:
    Only 3 of the 7 colors actually look good (blue, green, white). Other colors kind of ugly. Software provided doesn't work at al...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Excellent for price

posted by PieterSW on 09/20/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Pretty. Easy to use dll in custom app: C#: using System; using System.Runtime.InteropServices; using System.ComponentModel; using MailNotifierLib; namespace emailnotifier { class Program { public static void Main(string[] args) { eC...
    Cons:
    Very small
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Love this thing!

posted by yawnzzz on 06/09/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    I love this item, it works great, usb powered led with multiple color shades. You can set it up for different account such as facebook, msn messenger, email alerts, etc.
    Cons:
    The only con was that I had to do a little digging to find a software I was happy with, for MY needs, an email / service provid...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nice Dx item.

posted by DealMF on 02/15/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    -The notifier works on several email platforms, but mainly only for Windows based computers. - The notifier can show up to 7 colors that can programmed to react the way you like. - Installation is pretty easy. Simply plug it to your USB port, install and ...
    Cons:
    -It doesn't have all functions like the real product, but for the price it's forgiven. - The Software included is somewhat poo...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 3
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    nice to put on your table

posted by Andreazza on 09/02/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    usefull to not have outlook or webmail open all the time.. blinks enough to take atention.... nice to use on your working table! portugues: util pra nao precisar deixar o outlook ou o webmail aberto o tempo inteiro.. pisca o bastante pra chamar atencao baca...
    Cons:
    the first i bought came broken.. i mean, just the green led was working.. i use the customer service and they sent me another w...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great Toy

posted by domok on 04/14/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    This gadget is the perfect toy for the office. All the people look it and says:Wow!. The quality is pretty good and is very easy to use it. Thanks to TheHuuf's software package, works perfect with the device. Another Pro is the price, the original notif...
    Cons:
    The software supplied on the CD is useless and CANNOT work with this device but it doesn't matter because TheHuuf's software wo...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    You've got mail!

posted by Webmaestro on 03/23/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Lets you know when you have new mail in your inbox. Can be made to work with different type of mail accounts and also with multiple mail accounts. Can display different colors based on account or number of messages. Thanx to TheHuuf's software package, it w...
    Cons:
    The software supplied on the CD is useless and CANNOT work with this device as it is a hardware copy which dosent have the full...
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    It's a cheap knock-off, but it works

posted by markostamcar on 07/22/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    - Much cheaper than the original (which is 10 bucks more) - Good quality build - RGB LEDs - Can be used in your own software in just minutes - It's a very cool way to get notified of new e-mail when your LCD is off
    Cons:
    - The original has 64 levels of brightness for each LED, this one has just on/off (8 combinations) - I won't even try to instal...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 1
Go to Page:
  • Previous
  • Next

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections