DX  » Community » Reviews » 0.9" LCD Car MP3 Player FM Transmitter (SD/USB/3.5mm)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Would not recommend – 0.9" LCD Car MP3 Player FM Transmitter (SD/USB/3.5mm) Reviews

posted by ketafoto on 12/04/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
In order of decreasing importance: 1. Sound is clear. 1. Remembers the last song it played before switch off. 2. Enables to navigate through folders (using remote control). 3. The display stay visible on the direct sun light. 4. Shows on display folder and song names, number of current song of total number of songs. 5. Buttons on remote control are comfortable. 6. All functions work OK (on device itself and on remote control).
Cons:
In order of decreasing importance: 1. Sound is flat (there is neither basses nor trebles). There is equalizer with predefined modes, but it really doesn't help. 2. Buttons on device are small, so you can easily press two buttons and choose the not needed one. 3. There is a very light noise on the background. It doesn't annoy me, but I still hear it. 4. Size of the font used for display is small, I have to bend in order to read the name of the folder / song. 5. The remote is bit large. 6. The remote I got is not the same remote shown on the picture :)
Other:
I would like such device to enable: 1. Deletion: I use the device to check the newly downloaded songs, some of them I would like to keep in my archive, other I would like to delete immediately. 2. Memorizing pause on car switch-of: Very often I listen books and records of broadcast programs. After I left the car and returns, the device starts same file from beginning. Therefore I has to edit manually the long-time files in order to split them into 15-20 min parts (I have ~20 minutes of driving from home to work).
Bottomline:
The device is built good and provides a lot of functionality, while missing very important properties, like wide sound frequency (basses and trebles). 3 is low for it, 4 is hight, I would give 70 of 100 :)

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections