DX  » Community » Reviews » Gold Plated 6.35mm Male to 3.5mm Female Microphone Convertor Plug
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 4
Decent audio converter – Gold Plated 6.35mm Male to 3.5mm Female Microphone Convertor Plug Reviews

posted by Darkblade48 on 02/21/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
The product does what it is supposed to do; namely convert from a standard 3.5 mm audio jack to a 6.35 mm jack. This is convenient for people that want to convert their headphones/microphones to the standard 6.35 mm size that is used in home stereo systems, amplifiers, etc. The quality of the adapter seems good; the gold plate does not scratch off easily like some cheaper adapters. The knurled ring provides a bit of grip when trying to remove the adapter as well.
Cons:
None that I can think of. One thing that might be some cause for concern is that my 3.5 mm jacks go into this adapter fairly easily, so with time, the connection might loosen resulting in accidentally disconnected plugs from the adapter.
Other:
There is no packaging for this product (as expected for this price); just a simple plastic bag.
Bottomline:
A good deal on this kind of audio adapter, particularly if you have a need for it. The adapter was definitely much cheaper on Dealextreme compared to my local electronics store. They wanted more than 5 times for a similar adapter.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections