DX  » Community » Reviews » 802.11n/b/g 150MBps Wifi/WLAN USB Wireless Network Adapter
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 3
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Works fine – 802.11n/b/g 150MBps Wifi/WLAN USB Wireless Network Adapter Reviews

posted by alepira on 08/07/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
Works like expected after drivers install: flawless! I'm using it with a B/G access point, but grabbing 100% of my internet link bandwidth like using an UTP cable! The RaLink drivers software it's very interesting for IT staff to measure the signal strenght, very intuitive and simple to use!
Cons:
I still guess that it may become cheaper. The N protocol is not a geek impulse "I must have it..", its just a matter of time to become the new standard for wireless (until WiFi Maxx don't arrive)
Other:
Ok, the N standard deals differently with antenna concepts, so external antenna would become messy (3 external antennas on a USB adapter? it would be very weird!)
Bottomline:
I bought it becouse it's just U$1 more that another B/G good usb adapter I found here, so was a very good bet. After all, I must test it with a real N access point. Until then, it's just like a normal B/G adapter to me. I'm ready for the next generation, a valueable buy!

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections