DX  » Community » Reviews » Compact Flash CF to Laptop IDE 40-pin Convertor Card
Sort by:
23 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:5713 (57%)
  • 4 Star:4310 (43%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very useful for thin clients/routers/NASes

posted by kokornov on 06/06/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Great color. UDMA signal traces are present.
    Cons:
    Pin 34 on IDE connector is connected to CompactFlash card slot, so motherboard thinks that 40-wire IDE cable is connected. This...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good value for it's price

posted by Sergikik on 06/06/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Works well, LEDs useful, Connects directly to motherboard IDE socket
    Cons:
    The card is not double CF as advertised. Interface is not the 44 PIN laptop IDE as advertised, but DX was very helpful and sent...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Quality: 3
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    adapter CF card to IDE (mobo slot)

posted by danyolaf on 01/24/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Good product. The adapter work fine and and correctly. The materials are corrects and manufacture is good (but is not better). The adapter is correctly detected for mobos moderns and old. The adapter work perfect. Is usefull with small mobos (micro - mini A...
    Cons:
    The manufactured is good, but not is better. Is very fragile, install and not touch again (is possible broken easy the card ada...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    cheap ssd drives

posted by asb.youcef on 07/30/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    no IDE cable needed plug directly to mainboard , compact and small format, Acts as HDD, works with all my CF cards, cheap, Noiseless, no driver needed I'm very satisfied
    Cons:
    need external power, Floppy power connector, pins problem when insert a card, can use one adapter per IDE slot
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    It just works!!!!

posted by newtesla on 07/24/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    -Easy to figure out -DMA-ATA 33 - totally compatible with everything IDE -Just works, plug-and-play -Mine is with one slot, and you can choose between Master and Slave - but you can plug only one into the motherboard, so it doesn't really matter/ but, might...
    Cons:
    -IDE connector is a bit tight -Soldering is ...well, made in China -LED's don't work without power connected.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very good adapter

posted by Leobor on 12/09/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Cheap. Easy install. I use it with Kingston card 8GB 133x. It work perfect. Motherboard old ITX GA-PCV2 w/processor VIA C3 800 MHz. Speed data (with this card) like IDE HDD. System: Windows XP Embedded. Best emotions.
    Cons:
    Not convenient plug 5V. I had to modify the connector on the cable - a little cut one side
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good SSD and USB alternative

posted by boober on 01/24/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    It's a single piese, with no flat cable, so no additional wires taking a place. It's more useful if you already finished your machine construction - just plug it to place, and no noodles at all. Power connector is rightly directed, not on some bottom side...
    Cons:
    While you debug, plugging the adapter from one mobo to another, you'd better take one with the male socket (for cable), or you'...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 2
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Not so bad

posted by felix1220 on 12/23/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Its very cheap and it works well. before i have had a (expensive) DeLock adapter, but it didnt work together with my a-data card, this one now has no problems, depending on your ide-port it also work without external powersource (pin20 must be active on yo...
    Cons:
    i bought 2 of them, one was not working. but the other one is great, even its of poor design, you must be carefull with the pin...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works as expected

posted by SirUrx on 03/26/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Works fine when connected directly to mainboard. Acts as SSD. Works with 2GB SanDisk Ultra2 CF card and some older 512M CF too.
    Cons:
    Needs floppy power connector to power up. I had one free but if power supply has only one of it and used for something else you...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works just fine

posted by zxnihundre on 01/21/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Works fine in conjunction with a CF-card, thus acting as a cheap and simple SSD-unit.
    Cons:
    Very weak pins that are much too easily bended. So mount it cautiously! Might be a bit short of space on your mobo, depending o...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 3
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections