DX  » Community » Reviews » Indoor/Outdoor Digital Humidity/Temperature with Clock (1 x AAA)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Finally an accurate thermometer – Indoor/Outdoor Digital Humidity/Temperature with Clock (1 x AAA) Reviews

posted by Megavvolt on 06/29/2007 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
1. If you put the "OUT" sensor close to the body of this thermometer and wait for a while you will see that the IN and OUT screens show the same themperature. This is oh such a rare thing to see with these cheap little gadgets. I've seen models whose IN and OUT readings would be as much as 1C (around 1.8F)different. 2. To check the accuracy, I used my body. The armpit temperature is pretty much the same if you sit in a chair and do some regular work, so I simply put the OUT sensor and a usual mercury-in-glass thermometer in my armpit and waited. The mercury thermometer showed 36.7C (98.06F), and the OUT sensor showed 36.9C (98.42). Not ideal, but still looks good enough to me. 3. A long and beefy wire of the OUT sensor is something I really like.
Cons:
1. Suspiciously cheap. I was looking at this thing for a while not buying it because I was pretty sure it a piece of crap like those I bought before. It took me a while to take another try and I won. 2. It's a weather thermometer. The OUT sensor is sealed in a massive metal capsule and it doesn't show changes too quick. It took me aroud 10 minutes to get my 36.9 when I was measuring my temperature with it.
Other:
It sure is cheap. I took it apart - it's a single sided printed board made of hardened paper (phenolic paper? I am not sure of the term, my native language is Russian). But somehow it works just fine, at least for the first day. If it fails tomorrow I'll write an update.
Bottomline:
I see a lot of similar devices around available locally, but it's hard to tell which of them really works. This one does.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections