View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
practical gadget for joke! – Super Mini TV Universal Remote Controller Keychain Reviews

posted by gonxi7 on 05/26/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
It can control every TV I have tried! I went to a consumer electronics store and started playing around with the TVs. Switched it off/on, and volume controls all worked fine. Didn't want to change channels in case I couldn't change them back. Range is also pretty decent. I could use it from 3m away at least. It uses 2 IR LEDs in the front and so should give quite a far range although I haven't tested.
Cons:
Quality looks on the cheap side, but hey, it's ok for use and works fine. Can't find a way to disassemble it. I wanted to rewire the LEDs in front to a high power one so I can control my neighbour's TV from across the road, but it doesn't look quite possible to do so. Battery is difficult to take out to replace. Need quite a bit of force there. Scanning to get the correct frequency can take some time... (like up to 30secs)
Other:
It's not a good replacement for your own remote controls since it only has basic functions, and takes some time to scan through. It's great if you hate adverts that play very loudly in the mall (just mute or turn them off), or want to hear a movie trailer at those TV stores (raise volume), or just use it for fun/pranks/etc. It's small enough to fit on your keychain so that makes it something you can take with you everywhere you go!
Bottomline:
none

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections