DX  » Community » Reviews » XC6013L 3-Digit Capacitor Capacitance Meter (200pF~20mF)
Sort by:
10 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:707 (70%)
  • 4 Star:303 (30%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Handy measurement equipment

posted by peejan on 02/26/2014 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Easy to use capacity meter. A defective capacitor is quickly discovered. Especialy electrolitic capacitors with low a temperature range (85 degrees Celcius) often give problems because they loose their capacity. Because of the wide measurement range of the ...
    Cons:
    the contacts for measuring low value capacitor are located deep in the measure foot. A capacitor desoldered from a printed circ...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 4
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Cheap and useful

posted by JimmyHendrix on 02/25/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Cheaper than most common meters in the market Ease of use Illuminated display makes it easier to read even in dark places
    Cons:
    Probes are really bad. They stopped working after measuring 3 capacitors. Just throw it away. It comes in a generic box for DM...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Best affordable capacitance meter out there

posted by Cicaro on 12/16/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    - Good range of measurement - A must have if you are working with older amplifiers or speakers.
    Cons:
    - included measure probes of the worst quality you can think of. Buy another set! - No ESR measurement function. Of course its ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nice little tool to have in your toolbox

posted by Robedob on 12/04/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Novice  (still getting used to it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Okay so i dont have too much experience with these type of tool as im just a hobbiest with electronics but i can tell you that i just use it mainly to see if the capacitors work and this it does perfectly. however i dont know if it is a precise tool as i d...
    Cons:
    I cant really say anything bad about it as i havent found any problems with it.
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Another great value!

posted by clavius on 11/18/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    It works. Low price. Several nice features like the nice bright back light and a swing out stand on the back. Has a good wide measurement range and when I compare the readings from this meter to those I get from my commercial digital LCR bridge, they are ve...
    Cons:
    Build quality is OK, but not super-great. Not surprising given the price, and is a bit better than you might expect for 20 buck...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Excellent value for price paid

posted by bmwed on 10/22/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Excellent value. Accurate, compact, large readout, easy to use. Wide range of values to test. Lighted display feature nice addition.
    Cons:
    Selector knob a bit stiff (heavy spring). May subject parts to more wear. Separate On/Off button would be nice feature so as to...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great Tool for DIY

posted by dccampos on 08/02/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Works great and great price. Very accurate. A lot usefull for DIY. Funciona perfeitamente bem e com um excelente preço. Pelos meus testes pareceu bastante preciso, excelente ferramenta para Eletrônica
    Cons:
    Could be cheaper. Mine Came without test points, but it was not a big problem Podia ser mais barato, afinal é apenas um c...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Decent stuff

posted by zhilla on 06/20/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    I have a hobby of reccaping dead thrown away motherboards and giving away free to family and friends, or for emergencies at work. Not to spend much, I've de-capped many dead hardware and have a decent collection. With this I can measure if those work - and ...
    Cons:
    None at all. Seems calibrated, consistent, but I don't really care. For me, under 10% variance is OK.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good tool.

posted by shamanOFF on 11/29/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    High accuracy. Easy to use. Normal price. Backlight. Probes included. Comfortable panel to check the capacitors.
    Cons:
    >? bad smell. Probably plastic is harmful to health. >Strange backlight. Clicking the button resets the measurement.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    A great little capacitance meter

posted by johnnyboy15 on 08/04/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Smaller than I expected. It sits nicely in your hand. It is easy to use. Good to see English instructions. It covers a huge range. You are not likely to be testing any capacitors larger than this meter can handle.
    Cons:
    The instructions say to RECHARGE the capacitor before testing. It should say to DISCHARGE the capacitor. The opposite.
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 1
Go to Page:
  • Previous
  • Next

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections