Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week
- Works straight out of the box. Your operating system only has to support USB-based input devices (HID).
- If not necessarily 18 meters, the sight distance should be enough for a usual room.
- The build quality is cheap. I expect the silver coating of the plastic to rub off soon, even during plain daily use. Also, make sure to not drop it too often. ;-)
- The further you are, the more precisely you have to point the remote controller towards its receiver, even with freshly recharged batteries. (A bit too narrow cone of emission?)
- The joystick for controlling the mouse cursor is pretty useless as, for some weird reason, straight up/down/left/right is virtually impossible. Oh well, I'm into hotkeys anyway...
- As a programmer myself, I would've been happier if the hotkeys were configurable as the ones burned into the device conflict with the ones I've been using for years (Ctrl-Alt-letters for launching favorite applications).
See my photos of the insides.
Simple, effective, no-nonsense. Don't be discouraged about my writing more cons than pros: this is nevertheless a good device, it's just me being too picky. ;-)
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.