DX  » Community » Reviews » Mini DisplayPort Male to VGA Female Adapter (1080p)
Sort by:
70 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:7351 (73%)
  • 4 Star:2719 (27%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    good price, good quality, and very useful

posted by alonmarx on 03/30/2014 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    This price is good, the quality is just fine, and this is so very useful for anyone giving presentations.
    Cons:
    the only issue I have with this is that it took 3 weeks to arrive and because the price is under 8$ there was no tracking. I ex...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Excellent product for my Macbook Pro

posted by samm2012 on 01/27/2014 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Ideal adaptor for the MacBook Pro. The finish is good, and it can closely match to Apple's standards! I have used it connecting to LCD Projector, and also a full HD 42" LED TV. There was no drop in resolution when connected to the LED TV. Thus, I guess...
    Cons:
    None
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great Product-Not problems. Great alternative

posted by angelaedo on 11/23/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Really cheap. The original from apple is really expensive like 40 USD. Great material. Worked as it supposed to do, just plug and go. Work without drivers or other stuff. No shadow on VGA Checked at 1920x1080 60Hz 46" screen. No configuration needed...
    Cons:
    Can't find any cons. It's just work.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works great!

posted by ColinWh on 11/20/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    It works really well, looks good (though slightly different than the official adaptor). Comes with MiniDisplayport cap for the wire, which was a nice touch. The package it came in was similar to Apple's packaging. Works great with rMBP.
    Cons:
    None really! It works great and is a good value for the price. It may not work for projectors/monitors of really high resolutio...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Mini DisplayPort

posted by alecianca on 11/12/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Good material. I tested in several monitors with different resolutions(including full hd) and brands, as well as in different computers and operating systems like microsoft windows 8, windows 8.1 and apple macos montain lion and macos mavericks.
    Cons:
    A little big. The circuit box behind the connector is a little big but, i could see thats is very commom and migth not be consi...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Excellent

posted by RobinLeers on 11/07/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Very easy to use, en works perfectly. Apapter fits perfectly in the mini display port and into the VGA monitor. Quality looks good, 1080p HD en the build quality is good and sturdy. Adapter is not big, so very easy to carry with you in a laptop bag.
    Cons:
    The protective cap on the mini displayport is easy to lose. Maybe the cable is a little bit too short, but this is not really a...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Extremely useful and excellent quality

posted by alejandroivan on 10/08/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    - Excellent built quality, looks almost the same as the Apple-branded one. It has a thick cable. - Compatible with Mini Displayport/Thunderbolt ports (I'm using it on a MacBook Pro 13.3' Late 2011 with a Thunderbolt port with no problems). - Just connect ...
    Cons:
    - No cons found so far. It's been working as expected.
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works fine with Late 2012 Macbook Pro 13" Retina

posted by steveo on 08/26/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    It is an inexpensive display adapter that works fine with my Late 2012 Macbook Pro 13" Retina's Thunderbolt port. I am using it as a desktop extension with a Dell 1905FP and it has no issues pushing the 1280x1024 signal.
    Cons:
    The build quality is cheap, but this is to be expected from an off-brand product that costs less than half of the name-brand pr...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Quality: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Really useful for the price

posted by Gabatronic on 08/10/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    It just works. It looks really like the original and the quality is good. The cable is long enough to move it around without forcing the plugs.
    Cons:
    I buy 4 of them, and one stop working in about a year of use. But it was really used and move from one place to another and plu...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Far better deal than the OEM cable

posted by vinnie1337 on 07/03/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    --Relatively cheap (especially compared to the official Apple cables, which are like $40+) --Seems solidly built, no cracks/rips/broken parts (yet, at least) --Looks like the real deal (bright white color on the cable and adapter) --Both ends fit securely; ...
    Cons:
    --Still a bit expensive (could be about $2-3 less) --Form lines on the plastic housing stand out; makes it clear that this isn'...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 7
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections