DX  » Community » Reviews » Akoray K-109 Cree Q5-WC 5-Mode 230-Lumen Memory LED Flashlight (1*CR123A/1*16340)
Sort by:
19 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:6813 (68%)
  • 4 Star:214 (21%)
  • 3 Star:51 (5%)
  • 2 Star:51 (5%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

95% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great for the price

posted by xXThunderGodXx on 03/05/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    light easy to operate compact
    Cons:
    clip seems a little flimsy knurling is a bit smooth
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Small EDC

posted by igelchen on 02/18/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    I was buy several. Uses its for year but lost two. This is the best flashlight what I can carry in my pockets: Small size, very bright, good color temperature. Can fix on my cloth by clip. The best light when uses 16340 batteries but can run on CR123 batte...
    Cons:
    Small size - easy to lost. Driver don't have protect for over-discarge battery. Strobe and sos don't needed modes in this flash...
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    After a year of use... works great!

posted by TaaJau on 01/10/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    I use this flashlight for over a year - but it still works great! * Very bright for its size * It's waterproof! (several times it has fallen into the water) * Thread is still in good condition. * Easy to carry in your pocket.
    Cons:
    My flashlight has mode memory! (it's not too comfortable for me) * Driver ... why it allows voltage from 0.8V? Should be from ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great thrower

posted by ERCCRE456 on 11/06/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    It has a nice tight hotspot. It can throw pretty far and both the hotspot and spill are visible in a sun lit room on high. There's a glow-in-the-dark (GITD) o-ring right behind the lens and two in the treads. The front o-ring glows extremely bright for arou...
    Cons:
    It's actually pretty hard to take the driver out if you want to modify this. The pocket clip seems a little weak. Strobe and SO...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Quality: 4
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    IMPRESSED AM I

posted by abstractor on 08/13/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Ridiculously bright, even brighter than some of the top of the line, full grip led lights! Cheap price, accepts rcr123's, has a cool green ring at the front that glows when the light is on for a few seconds. 5 modes is nice when you want a particular settin...
    Cons:
    Flimsy clip sucks ass.
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Pocket power

posted by madcat816 on 07/04/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Ridiculously bright, even brighter than some of the top of the line, full grip led lights! Cheap price, accepts rcr123's, has a cool green ring at the front that glows when the light is on for a few seconds. 5 modes is nice when you want a particular setting.
    Cons:
    Clip is a little flimsy gotta be a little careful with it, one of the lights i had the clip broke off. Not impact resistant!.....
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Excelent Cree Led Flashlight

posted by MarkRO on 06/16/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Amazing Q5 LED Quality. Great Light with real 230 Lumens when using CR123 Rechargeable Litium Batteries @ 3.6V Great chassis quality and fluor ORings!
    Cons:
    Memory is temporal. If you shut down the flaslight for more than 15 seconds it doesn't remember the last mode.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    A great pocket flashlight

posted by TaaJau on 05/26/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Looks very quality and durable, unexpectedly bright, well-sealed. I do not want to immerse under water but could be water resistant! Easy to carry in your pocket. Glowing o-ring looks great in the dark.
    Cons:
    Memory mode is useful, but after a long period when the flashlight was switched off, you do not remember what was the last mode...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 3
    • Quality: 4
    • Usefulness: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Compact Size

posted by gcbryan on 05/13/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Nice compact size with the CR123 and it is both priced well and build well. It has 3 useful modes and then strobes.
    Cons:
    It's advertised as being 220 lumens but at least with CR123 it's not even close. It's about 120 lumens on high. I can't call t...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Excellent light for everyday carry

posted by Boondongle1723 on 04/17/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    * Very small size. * Good selection of modes. High, medium and low are nicely separated. Strobe is fast enough that it's closer to a strobe than fast blink. * Pocket clip is removable, although it is much harder to get back on than it is to get off. * E...
    Cons:
    * Very tight fit when using protected Li-Ion batteries. * Short enough that it's smaller in length than my palm is wide. This...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections