DX  » Community » Reviews » Akoray K-106 Cree Q5-WC 5-Mode 230-Lumen Memory LED Flashlight (1*AA/1*14500)
Sort by:
76 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:2922 (29%)
  • 4 Star:4131 (41%)
  • 3 Star:1713 (17%)
  • 2 Star:97 (9%)
  • 1 Star:43 (4%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

87% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 3
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Decent little flashlight

posted by elmwood on 06/05/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    * Compact size. * Simple, professional-looking design, with no "x-treem tactical" milling. * 5 modes, with proper SOS (not SOSOSO). The medium and low settings will reduce battery consumption. * Neutral white light with clean beam. * Glass lens.
    Cons:
    * The threading doesn't seem as tight or smooth as other flashlights in the same price range. A little bit of oil makes it smo...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nice little flashlight

posted by skblz on 02/25/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Good price. Light is cold white. Switch seems to be ok, glow-in-the-dark ring too. Memory function works.
    Cons:
    Strobe and SOS are not very useful. High pitch sound produced in all three normal modes, but not very loud, it can't be heard a...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 1
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Little reliable

posted by UserTM on 08/14/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Unfortunately, after about a month of broken LED (or electronic block switching). Now, in all five modes of operation is minimal and the brightness of the diode is similar to the low brightness mode. Works well on ordinary AA batteries, shines as the batter...
    Cons:
    Convenient belt clip. On the average, and low mode flashlight emits a squeak quite distinct. Rather strongly heated.
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very good quality, use any battery.

posted by rbilyy on 07/04/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Very nice torch.It is solid metal, well build, I have not tested for waterproofs but seals are tight and are everywhere - so should be water proof. The color of mine was a little bit ligher then on a picture. I started it with one AAA NiMH battery and it wo...
    Cons:
    5 modes are a little bit distorting and you can accidentally switch the mode instead of switching off (the on/off switch requir...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    There are better flashlights on DX

posted by mrjan on 01/31/2012 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Good size, low prize, nice and bright light, battery life ok, sereral modes, glow in the dark o-rings and tail cap, ok design.
    Cons:
    Worked perfectly in the beginning. Now it flickers, especially if i shake it a litle. The wire clip is a litle flimsy, and I do...
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    My best flashlight so far

posted by vjalle on 04/01/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    -excellent brightness -excellent battery life (efficient boost converter) -glow in the dark ring and tailcap -natural color, not too bluish light -good light spread -good mechanical build -good modes (however I never use SOS/strobe)
    Cons:
    -too easy to accidentally switch mode -there is no spring at the positive battery terminal -PCB soldering to the house is wea...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 2
    • Price: 1
    • Quality: 1
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nice looks, extremely poor quality.

posted by seotaji on 03/01/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Design Anodizing Glass lens Glow in the dark o-rings and tail cap. The cree led was PERFECTLY centered.
    Cons:
    Threads Soldering Quality of parts Price
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 2
    • Price: 3
    • Quality: 1
    • Ease Of Use: 2
    • Usefulness: 2
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Poor build quality

posted by life2ride on 02/09/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    This little torch has good specs and the right size to carry around in your pocket and it’s inexpensive too. Specs: Cree Q5 - WC 5-Mode - 230-Lumen = bright light – light weight – 1AA NiMh/Alkaline battery compatible. Green on/off/mode button. So at fir...
    Cons:
    Worst building quality. Thin threads on the tail cap and head. The wire clip is rubbish (it’s easily bendable), however not im...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    great little torch

posted by dandee9999 on 01/18/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    superb little torch, take it where ever you want in your pocket, with the 14500 cell it is extremely bright and can be used in many applications, the first order did not arrive, but DX were more than professional and sent a replacement!!!! thank you A++++++
    Cons:
    when using the 14500 cell the driver board burns out and you are now unable to use a standard AA battery, from speaking to a fr...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Awesome Light

posted by KC7WDG on 01/16/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Awesome size good build quality single AA battery works great Got the 5 mode I ordered nice even pattern light weight good pocket light I got one and showed some friends at work and they want one so I got 3 more on the way
    Cons:
    None so far thnat I can find at this given time
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 8
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections