DX  » Community » Reviews » Akoray K-106 Cree Q5-WC 5-Mode 230-Lumen Memory LED Flashlight (1*AA/1*14500)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 3
  • Usefulness: 4
Great light for the price – Akoray K-106 Cree Q5-WC 5-Mode 230-Lumen Memory LED Flashlight (1*AA/1*14500) Reviews

posted by JeepMaster on 12/11/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
Light is very good quality. Machining is clean and precise and a nice glass lense. Very nice greenish/bronzeish finish. Q5 LED is bright, but not as bright as my FENIX L2D with the same Q5. Works great with a regular AA battery. There's a glow ring on the inside head of the light...it's a nice touch. It can tail stand.
Cons:
Definitely not 230 lumens as my FENIX L2D looks brighter than this one and it's rated at 180 lumens from FENIX themself. So this one is probably 170-160. As mention before, the memory only works if you leave it off over 30 seconds, or else you will jump to next mode if you turn it back on too soon. No lube on the o-rings. The belt clip makes it look cheap, but works fine. On high mode, the light gets a warm very quickly. But still ok to hold with bare hand. Size is really small and tail button is recessed in, so if you have a big hand and large thumb, this might not work as well for you.
Other:
Very compact to use as a pocket light, but only last 1 hour on high mode. I would prefer to carry my L2D that last over 2 hours on high mode.
Bottomline:
Good cheap light with bright output but only last 1 hour on high mode. If you're looking for something that you use only once in a while, then it's perfect. But if you need a light that you use daily, this is not the one.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections