Sort by:
6 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:171 (17%)
  • 4 Star:332 (33%)
  • 3 Star:171 (17%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:332 (33%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

67% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 1
    • Price: 2
    • Quality: 1
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 1
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Mini Compass Ball

posted by Ronen321 on 02/21/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    * It does stick to the glass. * You don't feel too bad when you find out it doesn't work since it's not expensive. * Easy to use, place close enough to a planet with a magnetic field (Will NOT!, repeat, NOT! work on mars!!!) * Does point in A direction.
    Cons:
    * Does not necessarily point north. * Seems to be covered with some kind of oily substance (?!) * Did I mention It doesn't po...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Cool compass for car

posted by peyo007 on 01/19/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    I bought it 3 month ago and I now have it in my car, it is a cool stuff in your car :) The sucker pad is good build quality I think, it never fall down in my car... Not really "THE" compass but this one is cheap.
    Cons:
    There is a little bubble of air in the compass, it is not the most important but I find this not really good :( It makes it ch...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 3
    • Quality: 1
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    pointing to the north pole

posted by chillkroete on 04/06/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    You can mount the compass to any plane surface and it will point to the north pole. It's in a fluid-filled sphere, so you can move and rotate it in any direction and you can still read it (except you are looking directly on the window mount from below).
    Cons:
    It's a very bad build quality. There is a 1cm diameter air bubble in the sphere. Some color-flecks are inside it. The window-mo...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    simple compass

posted by tekster on 01/14/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Easy to use compass. Just stick it to your car window and you're set to go. This item is able to rotate around smoothly and freely. No problems of it being stuck for a long period of time.
    Cons:
    The direction that I read off the compass is the opposite direction that I'm going. So if I'm going east, it will show me west....
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Quality: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    New ones are pointing correctly

posted by desolder on 05/09/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Unlike the other reviewer, mine came with the correct orientation for a window mounted compass, i.e. the compass will rotate so the direction you see on the ball represents the direction you are facing. I suppose the supplier realized their mistake and corr...
    Cons:
    The suction doesn't stay! It falls off after only a few minutes. This is not a problem for me since I only used it to replace t...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 1
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 1
    • Usefulness: 1
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    it's backwards for a car

posted by teknobabble on 05/09/2007 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Small, sticks well to window
    Cons:
    Compass is made backwards for a window mounted compass. It would work if you held the compass and looked at the front end of i...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 1
Go to Page:
  • Previous
  • Next

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections