DX  » Community » Reviews » Cute Mario Figure Display Toy - Toadette (Pink)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 3
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 4
The key word is display – Cute Mario Figure Display Toy - Toadette (Pink) Reviews

posted by LagniManiac on 04/19/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
Very cute - it's Toadette - true to the character - colours of the costume, body shape etc. She's winking. Nice little obscure Mario character to display on your shelf.
Cons:
Made up of several pieces - arms, pigtails, head, cap, body. Her little girly arms look like they would break off after rough handling, as would her big pigtails. These two things are my only beefs with build quality - the rest of her is solid. Her right foot is moulded so that she stands on the edge of it - this makes her easy to knock over. Painting of the spots on her cap and pigtails is a little fuzzy, and not perfectly aligned with the etchings of the spots - though not to the point of being noticeable unless you're fussy (I am). Overall, her appearance is very nice, but you probably want to leave her sitting on a shelf, or handle her carefully. I'm judging usefulness as a display figure - the slight painting irregularities, and being easy to tip over, leave her less useful even for this purpose, but still worth it.
Other:
I'm not even much of a mario fan, but I already have the Wario display figure, and bought this little toad chick because she looked so cute. I'm going to play some Mario Kart. Next to each other, toadette looks like a little girl, and Wario looks like a big fat mean SOB, just as should be.
Bottomline:
Buy it if you want a little Toadette figurine. Buy 3+ for a discount, and to have a couple to break and one to leave on the shelf.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections