DX  » Community » Reviews » Fluke 17B 2.6" LCD Digital Multimeter Meter (2*AA included)
Sort by:
10 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:707 (70%)
  • 4 Star:303 (30%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good multi-purpose metter

posted by PeterAlicSP on 11/13/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    It looks and feels like a Fluke meter. The meter feels sturdy. The LCD is big and clear. The function selector dial is good, it gives that positive “click” feeling. Internal construction of the meter is really good. It has big HRC fuses and the MOVs for inp...
    Cons:
    Compared to higher end Fluke models, this meter lacks the Min/Max function, does not measure true RMS,no-bar graph, has no LCD ...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Fluke Quality at China Price

posted by Voney on 09/11/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Solidly built accurate meter with all the most used features. I've tested this against my workmates more expensive flukes and it stacks up just fine.
    Cons:
    The continuity beep could be louder and it needs a back-light to be truly versatile.
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    A good buy

posted by TerryF on 05/24/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Other reviews mentioned the solid feeling selector switch, which I thought strange, but it really does feel well built and makes my last ($20 cheaper) meter feel very cheap in comparison. I dont think the average consumer can do a proper review of somethin...
    Cons:
    I think a transistor tester socket is useful, even if you can still do the same function. As other reviewers have noted, the ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Excellent device

posted by directx007 on 04/03/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    + Build quality are awesome; + Probes are really good, long enough with flexible rubber-like wires; + Heavy weight - looks and feels as a real device, not piece of plastic + Precise + Almost all measurement possible for this kind of device.
    Cons:
    Not found
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    The real thing for less than half the price

posted by vistary on 11/10/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Basically you are getting the real Fluke mulitmeter for less than half the price. The meter came in a bubble envelope about 1.5 weeks after my order was placed. Nicely packaged with an instructional manual in both chinese and english. Other product brochure...
    Cons:
    I cant think of any except that the beeping sound for the continuity test is not consistent and response was not immediate. Tak...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    BEST PRICE FOR A REAL FLUKE

posted by sismo2010 on 05/13/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    It has the quality you'd expect from a FLUKE multimeter. Case, buttons, wheel selector, everything fells perfect. Changing batteries is easier than in the more expensive multimeters. Temperature reading is not necessary but is welcome.
    Cons:
    No cons at all. Everything it's just as I expected. The main differences with high level Fluke are: - no RMS - slower refresh r...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good product!

posted by AFR1978 on 03/05/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    + For this price, I expected to receive a "non official" version of the mutli meter, but it turns out to be a genuine Fluke meter that is marked specially for the chinese market. + The build quality of the meter and probes is good: nice materials ...
    Cons:
    - The "beep" sound is a litte too soft. - No option to connect the measure to an power socket.
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    solid meter

posted by testsubject on 02/22/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    1. Built pretty solid. 2. Dial clicks with reassurance. 3. AA battery operation (instead of a more expensive and unfavourable 9V disposables - which some of Fluke's more expensive meters still use! (Hello?! It's 2011.). 4. Buttons feel good. 5. Meter doesn'...
    Cons:
    1. Continuity buzzer buzzes intermittently when touching probes together or testing continuity with the probes. Huge disappoint...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    REAL Fluke multimeter in very reasonable price!

posted by Swataia on 02/20/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    - Definitely a genuine Fluke multimeter - Fluke quality - Includes an English manual - Easy to use - Simple display, easy to read - Has nearly as good accuracy as Fluke 177
    Cons:
    - This model doesn´t have a LCD-backlight, but there is so much room inside it so one can build it easily if wants...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nice multi meter

posted by wortelsoft on 12/30/2009 Certified Owner

Pros:
    The meter has all the stuff you need with the temperature probe as a real bonus. It uses AA bateries which is handy because, most of the time you have couple of spare laying around, which you ca't say of the 9 volt type normaly used. The meter has a build i...
    Cons:
    I compared it to my last month calibrated Fluke 177 true rms meter and it's a litle bit off: Fluke 17: 5,04 volt Fluke 177 5,02...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 1
Go to Page:
  • Previous
  • Next

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections