DX  » Community » Reviews » NC120 UXP Multiuser 100Mbps LAN Workstation Terminal with KVM+Sound (Support Windows/Linux)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 5
Nice device, but... – NC120 UXP Multiuser 100Mbps LAN Workstation Terminal with KVM+Sound (Support Windows/Linux) Reviews

posted by gzanetti on 02/09/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
- Cheap
- Does what it´s supposed to
- Compatible with all software I use at this moment
- Low energy consumption
Cons:
- Only support resolutions up to 1024x768
- Doesn´t have USB mouse/keyboard/printer support
- Comes with an old tweaked version of the original terminal server software and the web updater had a virus, so I deleted it and it cannot update anymore
- Not so easy to set up at he first time. Once you learn how to, it´s easy
Other:
I have an original NComputing L-120 and this one from DX. Both works well with the old software but the L-120 can´t reach 1440x900. By other hand, the original NComputing software blocks the NC-120 DX device, but allows the L-120 to run at 1440x900, its maximum resolution.
Bottomline:
I have spend some days to understand how to put it to work, since the software is not compatible with XP SP3. The solution: work with XP SP2 and choose manually the updates you will install. You cant´n install SP3 and the KBs 952004, 956572, 961501, 968537, 969947 and 970238.
Since I only have 4:3 monitors and the virus is gone, I´m buying 2 more NC-120 for my office.
My computer is an AMD Phenom II X3 2.6 Ghz with SATA 2 HD and 3 Gb of RAM. Runs smooth, you don´t even notice that there´s more people using the same machine.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections