DX  » Community » Reviews » Horizontal Ceramic Manual-Release Folding Knife with Clip (19.7cm Full-Length)
Sort by:
20 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:357 (35%)
  • 4 Star:6012 (60%)
  • 3 Star:51 (5%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 2
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nice looks, nice blade

posted by ashimono on 07/25/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Novice  (still getting used to it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Build quality is very impressive. Seems reliable and appears to last long. Details in wood. It is an elegant knife, I recommend as a gift for a friend. Blade is really sharp, but I have no idea how to sharp it when needed - expect the cutting edge to stay ...
    Cons:
    There is no lock to avoid exposing the blade while in your pocket: you may hurt yourself if you put your hand in your pocket di...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    • Usefulness: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Confiscated by Australian Customs

posted by Philsbry on 02/04/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    Unknown - did not receive item
    Cons:
    Australian Customs confiscated the knife because it "can be opened by one hand". This is the reason that they gave b...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good but could use a clip.

posted by kwarks on 03/04/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    The knife is sharp and doesn't go dull. It is very light compared to many steel knives I own and for this reason it's very easy to open the knife with a flick of the wrist. The blade doesn't move at all when it is openen unlike many cheap knives.
    Cons:
    Blade is a bit fat which is necessary for a ceramic knife. When I cut a really fresh and crispy apple the blade first cuts and ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Deacent cheap knife

posted by Torgeiromaster on 09/28/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    It's a small and nimble knife, have tested it on both slaugthering of a deer and a sheep (emergancy slaugther) Its good for skinnig and I havent needed to sharpen it yet. Nice form on the blade. it looks good
    Cons:
    Blade chips in contact with bone, or twisting wood etc. hard to sharpen. Not for any type of wood work, only meat and skinning ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    I dub thee, Black Betty

posted by JXM003 on 08/15/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Was very happy with the quality of the sharpness of the blade. as was my friend when he practicaly shaved his forearm with it in one swoop while testing it himself.
    Cons:
    wood isnt polished, not easy to find a belt case for it so far
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good ceramic knife for the price

posted by Dafydd on 08/06/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    For the price, this is a pretty decent knife for general light duties. The build quality isn't too bad, One of the blades out of the two that I ordered was a little loose making it very easy to open one handed using the "wrist flick" method. B...
    Cons:
    Poor grind geometry is pretty normal on cheap knives, grind lines usually do not evenly line up with the blade tip being either...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 3
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    OK-ish

posted by Juxter on 07/19/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Being Ceramic it inherently won't rust and stays sharper longer. It also won't give food a "metallic" taste, although this is not a problem I have encountered myself while using carbon steel or stainless steel knifes when dealing with food. feels very sturd...
    Cons:
    I was very dissapointed by the sharpness of the knife out of the box. I use knives frequently while hunting, cooking and as a s...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    It's Oh So Ceramic, I just had to have it

posted by nukenik on 01/10/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    It's ceramic and it's a pocket knife. That's the biggest pro, right there. As some others have noted, it is sharp enough out of the box to shave with. I have a bald patch on my left arm to prove it. I like the black color of the blade, since it looks mo...
    Cons:
    Out of the box, some of the handle screws were so loose., they'd nearly worked their way out. But, with the right tools, I was...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Worth the value

posted by YoLoLo on 11/20/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    - Nice looking knife - Quality blade - Black ceramic blade : Makes it more eye canding rather than a white blade (like kitchen knifes...) - Operates smoothly - Nice looking of the 'wooden' parts and overhall looking. - You can't find a ceramic blade fo...
    Cons:
    - Like moderns knifes, only 2 parts put togheter, not a real handle like traditionnal folding knife... But, again, it's the for...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Quality: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great Knife!

posted by 08reeves on 10/20/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    excellent quality, very sharp in fact so sharp I can shave with it. The finish is top notch. it opens smooth as butter. the liner lock is easy to operate. In fact the pros so outweigh the cons that I feel the cons are hardly worth mentioning.
    Cons:
    no knob or groove in blade to assist opening, however it opens so smooth that it is still easy to open. It did take close to tw...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections