DX  » Community » Reviews » Horizontal Ceramic Manual-Release Folding Knife with Clip (18.5cm Full-Length)
Sort by:
7 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:715 (71%)
  • 4 Star:292 (29%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Useful accessory

posted by msenyor on 12/08/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    The handle is nice and heavy, not another cheap light weight thing that's going to fall apart. The blade is thick anough to not break under pressure unlike most ceramic blades. The locking mechanism is perfectly aligned with the blade. Does a good job with ...
    Cons:
    The blade wasn't the sharpest when I got the knife, and it lost some of its edge after a few rough uses. The blade got a small ...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Sharp buy ;)

posted by Seppe87 on 01/11/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    It's obviously very sharp. It has simple workings, meaning less can break. Looks kind of good as well.
    Cons:
    The "wooden" inlays are not exactly lining up with the edges of the knife. It doesn't bother during use, it's a minor...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great Knife for the price

posted by Steiner1000 on 07/28/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Great to have knife like this at this price. It is very clean and will not leave a metal taste on your food. These knifes stays sharps for along time. good for cleaning small game and fish. I bought a few of these for my brother in laws and cousins for a h...
    Cons:
    May be brittle and not up to rough abuse. Knife locking mechanism is somewhat sticky.
    View Detail » 
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nice for a knife, glorious for the price

posted by FrayedSanity on 06/25/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Good blade, holds its edge for a long period of time, sharp straight from the box Nice feel in hand, good weight, shape etc Looks good
    Cons:
    Brittle blade (not really a con, is expected from a ceramic blade) Locking mechanism on mine can be a little bit hard to operat...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nice portable knife

posted by Yamakurada on 03/11/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    I had seen a similar ceramic knife like this and I thought it was cool, so I bought this one here because it's cheap. - Easy to fold/unfold, cuts very well and it can be used to eat meat. - The product was put in a box, enough space to put the knife in it...
    Cons:
    - As I said before, it's easy to fold/unfold, and there's a "but" to it. There is a tiny point of metal that rubs against the c...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Interesting Alternative

posted by gregwalton on 03/22/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Interesting knife, best compared with the black-bladed ceramic knife (28878). The handle of this one is heavier, being steel rather than mainly aluminium, but is even more comfortable as most of what touches your hand is wooden. Despite the heavy handle and...
    Cons:
    On the one I received has a very large heel to the blade, which means the effective (that is, the sharpened) blade length much ...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    • Usefulness: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Elegantly Fremen

posted by oBoBo on 11/18/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    This folder reminds me of the crysknife from Frank Herbert's Dune. It gleams with a pearl like shine. A strong steel liner lock engages when the blade is opened fully. Teflon-like plastic washers are between the blade and frame. Packaged in a plain cardbo...
    Cons:
    The wood scales are cheaply varnished but thankfully they can be unscrewed and removed. The finish on the steel is rather plai...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 1
Go to Page:
  • Previous
  • Next

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections