Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month
- Very cheap compared to a branded TV Tuner card, which could run you at 5 times the price.
- A good image, not using the stock aerial though. I bought a MCX to RF coax adapter.
- The software it comes with is terrible! I tried it on around 5 different computers, with XP 32bit, Vista 32bit and Windows 7 64bit. The software crashed (even the new version off the website)
- It is a mission to get it working under Windows 7.
- The stock aerial is terrible, as said above, I bought an adapter. (This may be due to me living in an apartment, and being in New Zealand).
- To get it working in anything apart from Windows 7, put in the CD and plug in the TV Stick. DO NOT INSTALL ANY OF THEIR SOFTWARE! Just use Windows Device Manager to point to the driver folder on disk. Once that's done, do a restart to be safe. Now use VLC Media Player. Media -> Open Capture Device -> Capture Mode = DVB -> DVB-T. You need to google the Frequencies of the channels in your area. Enter one into the Transponder freq. Hit play. Playback -> Program to choose channels.
- If you have Windows 7, google DSEO. You'll need it.
- If you still have no luck, post below. Ill try help.
- I have not tested out the remote control, I imagine it would only work with the supplied software.
If you're comfortable using computers and understand what I've said above, buy it! VLC is powerful, and can be really useful! Currently, I have 3 TV tuners streaming 16 channels in HD over a LAN. VLC does lack features that a proper DVB program has. ie A guide or easy-to-use time slip feature.
NOTE: This was only my experience with the device, you may get it all working as intended. Or you could get it working with other programs, like MediaPortal.
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.